Chapter 3

Green trees, shiny cars, passed us as we drove. I would pinch myself every time that I almost fell asleep. I eventually grabbed my colored pencils and my sketchbook and started to draw, I was about halfway done when she pulled up to a huge house. I closed my book and placed it back into my backpack. I pulled down the visor and looked in the mirror to fix my hair. Once satisfied, I opened the door and pulled myself out gently wincing why I crunched my side with the majority of the stitches in it. The lady, Marie I think, waited for me and we walked up to the front door together.

I stand behind her as she rings the doorbell. The door opens a moment later to reveal girl with brown wavy hair.

"Hello, can I help you?" She says politely.

"We would like to speak with Oliver Queen. Is he home?"

"Um- Yea. Come inside while I go to get him." She says offering holding the door open even farther. We step inside and I see that she is wearing light blue skinny jeans with a white shirt and a matching denim jacket. She closes the door behind us and runs up the set of oak stairs to our right. There is a small table with a bunch of photos and some flowers in the center. The walls, floor, and ceiling were wood a set of stairs on either side of the room. After a few minutes the girl came back down with a tall man with brown hair in front of her.

"I'm Oliver Queen." He said holding out his right hand to shake. Marie shook his hand and I held out my left hand. He quickly switched hands after realising my right hand was in a cast.

"Yes, Mr. Queen we would like to talk with you about an important matter."

"Okay, and please call me Oliver my father was Mr. Queen."

"Of Course." Marie said. Oliver lead us into what seemed to be the dining room and had us sit down. I sat next to Marie and Oliver on the other side of the table.

"What would you like to discuss? Well first of all what are your names?"

"I am Marie Castine." His gaze shifted over to me.

"Peyton Morgan."

"Okay. Now what is it you need to discuss with me."

"Mr. Qu-Oliver, Do you remember a Sally Morgan from your High school?"

"Yes.I dated her for a while, then she left and we kinda broke up." He confessed. 

"Well when she left Starling City she was pregnant." A flash of shock went across his face before concern.

"And this child? It's mine?" Oliver asked looking at me.

"Yes, it is on the birth certificate."

"Okay. Why didn't I find out earlier? She left like 13 years ago." He said.

"Sally was in a car accident earlier this week with her daughter and husband. Both her and her husband died leaving no one to take care of her daughter who was critically injured." The dots in his head connected and he just looked at me his mouth slightly open.

"You're my daughter." He said and I nodded slightly. I could see that we looked alike. Our hair was the same color, as was our eyes. My cheekbones were like my moms but everything else was similar to him. My hair was crinkly like my moms but the same color as the man across from the table.

"Oliver you need to decide if you want to have Peyton live with you or she will go into foster care."

"Let me go get my mom and sister." He says standing up and then confidently walking out the room. After a minute he still isn't back and I pull out the sketchbook that was in my backpack and continue my drawing.