Chapter 10

The next week went by fast as I unpacked my things and made my room look more like me. Oliver was a huge help. Thea would also help when Oliver was working on building his nightclub. I heard reports about 'The Hood' who was apparently a vigilante in the city that would use a bow and arrow to kill people. I finally got my stitches out and my head was cleared from my concussion.

"Peyton, dear can we talk to you?" Moira says Walter standing next to her.

I walk over Oliver following close behind me wanting to see what his mother and stepfather wanted.

"We need to get you into a school now that you have been cleared from your concussion." she says.
"Um, what do you think would be the best idea? I'm not used to this so whatever you think is the right thing." I say.

"Okay, what school would you like to go to? You can go to the same school with Thea or you can go to a public school."

"I'm used to public school so that would be okay for me."

"Okay we can find you everything you need." Moira says before dismissing us. I spent the rest of the day with Oliver. He left at night to check on the night club while I had a girls night with Thea and her friend Sam. When school started on the following Monday.

I woke up early like usual, showered and I got dressed in some ripped blue jeans with a black off the shoulder shirt with a dream catcher on it. I put my leather jacket on or attempted since my bulkley cast wouldn't fit through the sleeve. I put a hold on my clothes and put some mascara on with a bit of blush before brushing through my still wet hair. I got some converse on my feet before someone was at my door.

"Peyton, breakfast is ready. Do you have everything you need?" Oliver asked from the doorway.

"You can come in." I grab a flannel incase I got cold during the day. "I've got everything." I say to him while grabbing my bag and moving across the room to him.

He grabs my backpack and carrying it down to the main room before we sat down to eat. We left for the school at 7. Thea was getting a ride from Walter before he went to work. We pulled up to a school building and Oliver dropped me off.

"I'll come pick you up after school." He says as I get out of the car. I pull the bassoon that they had bought me out of the car. I tried to tell them that they didn't have to because I knew how much they cost. I walked into the school and found the main office.

"Hi, I'm a new student." I told the lady working at the desk.

"Name?" She asked.

"Peyton Morgan." I say. A moment later she handed me a few papers. A girl came up to the window. She had dark brown hair and a fair face. Her eyes were a light green blue shade. She had eyeliner and mascara on with a white shirt, grey sweater, pink scarf and jeans with some boots on.

"Here is you schedule and a map of the school. This is Maya she will be showing you around the school. You have similar schedules so she can help you."

"Thank you." I say to the lady before following Maya to my locker. "I'm Peyton."

"Maya. So what do you like to do?" She asked leading me down one of the numerous hallways.

"Well, next month I'm supposed to be going to the national archery competition, I also like to box, do karate, draw and play the bassoon." I tell her. "You?"

"I'm part of student council, robotics and the art club. If you like drawing you should join." She suggests to me.

"Sure." I say as we stop at a locker.

"Here is your locker." She says helping me open it since I had a cast on my wrist. We took my backpack and took out the things that I would need for my classes before we walked to our homeroom. Band was our second class of the day after homeroom and Maya says that the English teacher is really cool about having instruments in the class.

"Hey, Mr. Jamieson this is Peyton. She's new." Maya introduces me to the man writing on the whiteboard. He turns and I could get a good look at his face. He was young with chestnut colored hair and hazel eyes. He had a slight 5 o'clock shadow on his face.

"Nice to meet you Peyton, I'm Mr. Jamieson. You can put your instrument against the back wall. What instrument is that?" He asked me.

"Bassoon." I say shaking his outstretched hand.

"A bassoonist. I played bassoon back when I was in school." He says. I suddenly love this teacher. I put my bassoon in the back of the classroom and walk back to him. He moved to a desk with a handful of papers in his hands. "Since you have me for both homeroom and English you can just stay here and not have to leave for another class. Maya also has me for English first hour but she should get to her homeroom." Mr. Jamieson says looking at Maya who swore and then ran out of the room. The classroom was filling up. Kids were talking and sitting in the various bean bags and cushioned seats around the room. The few desks in the room took up about half of the room. An entire wall was just book cases that were filled with books. The bell rang and Mr. Jamieson took a quick look out in the hall before coming inside.

"Okay, Good Morning. I would like to introduce a new student to the class. Everyone this is Peyton." He said getting the attention of the entire class. "Peyton would you like to say something about yourself?" He asked.

"Um, I'm 12, I play the bassoon, I love doing art and Martial Arts, archery, Karate, MMA. I just moved to Starling City two weeks ago." I say shrugging.

"Why didn't you start school earlier?" One of the girls in a desk near to me asked.

"I was in a car crash and I had a concussion, a broken arm and a bunch of stitches."

"Why did you move to Starling?" One of the boys said checking me out.

"Um, my mom and step-dad died in the car crash and my dad lives here." I say looking down.

"Okay, why doesn't everyone else introduce themselves so Peyton can know you names." He says letting me sit down.

"Katie."

"Cass."

"Ryan"

"Olivia."

"Ali"

"Tomas."

"Jackson."

"Shyla"

"Courtney" (Yes bitches I put you in here)

I spent the class taking my placement test to see what my other teachers taught me in comparison to everyone here. When I reached the band room I walked up to the teacher with my bassoon in hand. I introduced myself and told him that I played bassoon. He introduced me to Alice who also played bassoon. We talked and I followed along in the music. 

I finished the day and waited outside for Oliver or someone to pick me up. My phone vibrated letting me know a text came through. It was Diggle. I said goodbye to Maya, Courtney, Alice and Shyla, the friends that I had made that were still remaining on the school grounds.

"Hey Peyton." John says as I slide into the car.

"Hi." I sit and buckle myself into the seat. Oliver wasn't here.
"Oliver is at work. He wanted to pick you up but he had something come up." John starts driving and he takes me back to the Queen mansion. 

That's how my day normally goes. Wake up, dress, eat, go to school with Oliver or Diggle dropping me off, do school, get picked up by either of them and go home and do my homework, set up my room, clean it slightly, dinner, talk with Thea and Oliver about my day, read, go to bed.

It was my second week when I had a panic attack. Some kid started to yell and scream at the teacher and it freaked me out. My breathing quickened as flashbacks of Jeremy spear through my mind. I ran out the door to get rid of the screaming in my ear. I made it just outside of the classroom before my legs gave out. I pushed myself into the wall and heard my head there between my knees and tried breathing. The teacher came out and tried talking to me I pushed myself into the wall to get away from him. I couldn't control my breathing and I blacked out.