Chapter 9

Their faces were in complete shock and I had to try so hard to not bust out laughing.
"Father? Oliver Queen is your father?" Mary asked I nodded as Oliver picked up his burger and continued to eat while intensely observing the scene. Thea wiped her hand on her napkin before picking up some fries and placing them in her mouth. The table was quiet for several moments only to be interrupted by Jacob.
"Is everything okay?" He asked standing behind me and rubbing my shoulders slightly.
"We're good Jacob. Thanks." I say turning my head to look at him and I reached up and put my hands over his. He nodded before quickly moving to another table.
"David how are you so cool about this?" Mary asked after I told her my fathers full identity. He shrugged before bringing another forkful on noodles and sauce to his mouth. "Well, just because your rich doesn't mean that you get what you want. I will fight to get custody of Peyton because I know her more than you." Oliver looked a little sad at that.
"Well since you know her better shouldn't I have the same right to get to know her as well?"
"You've had 12 years to do something but I've never met you. Peyton's never talked about you or her mother. You've had your chance." Mary said glaring.
"Mary he didn't even know I existed until the social worker showed up at his door with me a few days ago. I never knew who he was until a few days before that when I was sitting in the hospital after the crash. My mom never told me, never told anyone. I never had the chance to meet my mom's parents before they died." I said angrily.
"He isn't fit to be a parent." Mary complains.
"Well neither was your son but you never complained. Can we go?" I say standing up and turning to Oliver and Thea. They nod and Oliver throws down two twenties to cover our food and I lead the way to the back to say a farewell to Brian and Jacob
I told Brian that Oliver was my father and he didn't seemed that surprised.
"You look like each other I kinda figured it out." I smiled at his comment. "You take care of her. She is like a daughter to me." Brian said jokingly threatening Oliver who smiled and shook his outstretched hand.
"I will." Jacob ran into the room and almost tackled me with a hug refusing to let for for several moments.

"Jacob let the poor girl go." Brian said laughing at his son's antics.

"Why do you have to go so soon?" Jacob said.

"Well Mary was driving me crazy and I need to go pack some more of my things before we leave."

"When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow sometime." I said poking him with my finger.

"Okay come see us again before you go?" Jacob asked hopefully.

"I'm sure that Oliver would be okay with that." I say we both look up at the tall figure. Thea stood off to the side.

"We can stop. We aren't on a huge time crunch." He says laughing. Jacob gave me one more hug before his dad told him to go back to work.

We followed him out and I gave him a quick high five before we drove back to my house or rather old house. We packed on one side and entered. I ran up the stairs and Thea and Oliver followed as I went to my room with my backpack and set it down on the floor before sitting on my bed.

"Sorry about Mary." I say as Thea and Oliver sit down observing my room. It had blue halls and oak furniture. A few posters for Karate hung on the walls next to my medals and awards. It was about half the size of my new room. My bed was off to one side with my desk right next to it facing the window. My bookshelf was next to my closet the doors were still open and slightly a mess from the past week.

"It's fine we have had our fair share of crazy people." Thea said. She hadn't really said much while Mary was around except a few things to answer the questions that were directed at her.

"We should get packing so we can leave earlier tomorrow instead of hanging out with Mary and David." I say getting up gently and walking over to my closet. I pull a bag off of my shelf and start to put my clothes inside. Thea gets up after a minute and began to help me pack. I give her the bag and tell her to pack everything in the closet I could sort it out later. Oliver followed me out of the room and helped me get boxes from the garage and bring them up into my room. I had him start packing my books as I took another box and packed the contents of my desk. We finished and took the boxes to the Jeep and we pack anything else in my room. I move around the house and pack anything else that I want. I go into my mom and Jeremy's room and grab my mom's jewelry and any of the cash that they have around the house. I know where all of their hiding spaces are so I grab everything that I can find. I grab my quilt that one of my mom's friends made when I was really little. I find my sheet music for the bassoon and the piano and pack it into a box. I message Ally that I was at my house and barely 20 minutes later I hear her shrill cry.

"Peyton! Bitch where are you?" I smile before walking out to the main room. "Girl. You should have told me you were here earlier. I would have come over to help. We don't have school today."

"Ally, chill." I look up at the stairs where Oliver and Thea stand looking at us. "Ally this is Oliver and Thea. My dad and aunt." I motion to the figures. "Oliver, Thea this is my best friend Ally."

Oliver and Thea walk down the stairs and greet my friend with all the How do you do's.

"Ally, don't you have gymnastics at 7?" I ask looking at the clock. It reads 4:09 pm.

"Yea." She says slightly annoyed.

"Good then you are helping me until your mom comes and picks you up."
We spend the next few hours packing. Thea slept in my room while Oliver took the couch. Ally had left for gymnastics a long time before we went to sleep. 

In the morning I was up early and Oliver helped me pack all of the boxes into the car while Thea cooked breakfast. We ate washed the dishes and we then left to say goodbye to Jacob then drove home.