Chapter 7

"Diggs this is Peyton. My daughter." Oliver's words came from his mouth and the man sitting across the table from me's eyebrows went up in shock and his mouth opened slightly. I took note of his features, he had dark skin and short cropped black hair. His face was in a square shape with a wide nose and large eyes. He looked like he had military training which I didn't doubt he had.

"A daughter?" He was looking between the two of us like Laurel did.

"Yes. Peyton this is John Diggle the man who is my former bodyguard that my mother seemed that I needed."

"Former?" I asked looking at him with curosity.

"He quit after I kept ditching him too many times. But he is one of my closest friends next to Tommy over there." Oliver said. A woman with dark skin and straight dark brown hair that was pulled back into a pony tail,  came up to our booth.

"What can I get you?" She had a teal blue shirt on with a red apron covering the front of her pants. "John and Oliver I got your usuals coming up."

"Thanks Carly." Diggle said. "Uh-Peyton this is my sister-in-law Carly, Carly this is Oliver's daughter Peyton."

"Nice to meet you." I said holding out my good hand.

"Likewise. So, what would you like to eat?" She asked a smile on her face.

"I'm good."

"Peyton we ate like 4 hours ago, how are you not hungry?" Olier said looking worried.

"Big breakfast, also I can't eat like every meal right now my stomach isn't working as fast as it normally does." Everyone took note of it but only Diggle asked the question.

"Why?"

"Well having 46 exterior stitches, 15 interior 4 of which are on my digestive track, it doesn't really do anything for a speedy digestion." I say completely relaxed.  Not only were their a grand total of 61 stitches everywhere I also had some super glue that held some of the smaller cuts closed and would peal off in a few days.

"What happened to you? A car crash?" Carly said in a joking manner.

"Actually yea, I was in one about a week ago." I said holding up my arm. "With all those stitches add in a broken arm and a concussion." I told them.

"Okay well what would you like." She said changing the subject and turning to Tommy. He ordered a hamburger and the boys started to talk. I ignored them and pulled out my sketchbook and continued my drawing with my left hand. I didn't notice everyone at the table was looking at me until Carly came back with their food and a glass of water for me.

"What?" I asked looking at all three grown men who were looking at me with so much interest it was awkward.

"You are amazing at drawing. I can barely draw a stick figure that well." Tommy said. pointing to my drawing. I had been drawing the back of someone's head in black and white with one part of the drawing in color.

"This is horrible. I am a righty but I know how to use both of my hands." I say shrugging my shoulder. I flip back a few pages in my book and show them some of my other drawings. They liked them and then started to eat their food. I took a few sips of water and continued drawing.
It was about 2:00 when we left going back to the house. Tommy left shortly after we got back giving me and Oliver about an hour before Thea was supposed to be back from school but Oliver predicted that she would be hanging out with some of her friends.
I remembered my way to my room and Oliver followed me. He was going to help me decide where I should hand my artwork.
Two hours later we were sitting on the window seat in my room talking.
"Thanks for helping me with hanging up my artwork." I told him leaning against one wall him leaning against the other, our bare feet stretched out in front of us.
"Welcome. So what city did you live in?"
"I was born in Brandon, South Dakota then when I was two I moved to Bandon, Oregon then when I was 5 I moved to Burney, California and I still live there, or rather lived."
"Well since Thea doesn't have school tomorrow we can drive up to your house and pack up some more of your things." He says looking at me.
"Oh I should warn you that my step-grandparents are going to most likely be there." I say.
"Your stepdad's parents?" I nod. "Well I will meet them I suppose." We stayed quiet for the rest of the night and them went to eat with Moira and Thea. I went back to my room and stayed there just looking out the window watching the sun go down. Oranges, pinks, blues and white streaked across the sky. Around ten I went to my bathroom and cleaned my cuts again and bandaged them once more before changing into some pajamas. I put my phone and tablet on the chargers and layer on my bed looking at the ceiling. I eventually fell asleep thinking about my entire day and attempting to predict my step-grandparents reaction when they met.