xxiv.

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Lynx is trying her best to remain stoic but Chanyeol is making it so difficult for her. The more she spends time with him, the more she gets to know him, and the harder it is for her to act like her usual self.

Right now, Chanyeol's face is so close to hers and he is securely holding her hand. He is still staring at her with a gaze that Lynx just couldn't decipher.

Chanyeol intimidates her but Lynx would never admit that since the Leo descendant is already too cocky for his own good.

"Go to sleep, Chanyeol." Lynx says as she tries to pull her hand away again but Chanyeol still won't let go.

Chanyeol's expression goes from serious to amused. "Sleep with me, princess."

Luckily for Lynx, she has mastered stoicism. Chanyeol won't be seeing her looking flustered any time soon.

She gives him a light kick. "Move, I'm not in the mood for your games."

With a sigh, Chanyeol releases her hand and stands up. "Fine, you don't have to stay."

Lynx stands up as well, grabs her bag, and walks towards the door. "Don't..." she takes a deep breath just as she grabs the doorknob. "Don't treat me like I'm so easy to get. You've probably asked and told the same things to other people before but I'm not like them."

A hand slams against the door just as Lynx is about to open it. Lynx didn't even need to turn to know that Chanyeol was staring her down right now.

"Just so you know, you're both my master and tamer. You're definitely different." Chanyeol says, his voice getting lower. Lynx tenses when she feels his lips brushing against her ear. "Do you think I'd make myself look that desperate in front of other people?"

Lynx gulps but she makes no response. "Don't jump to conclusions." Chanyeol scoffs and Lynx feels a tug in her chest again.

"I'm sorry." she whispers.

Chanyeol places his hands on her shoulders before turning her so that she is facing him. "I meant what I said when I told you that I'll earn your trust."

Lynx avoids his eyes. "Don't just say it, show it."

"I can't promise that I'll be well behaved while earning it though," he says with a wink.

"I wasn't expecting much anyway." she deadpans.

Chanyeol chuckles. "Good night, princess." before Lynx could even register it, he quickly leans down and gives her a quick peck right at the corner of her lips.

Lynx pushes him away out on impulse before quickly leaving the room and slamming the door shut. She half walks, half runs towards Krystal and Irene's shared room.

Before entering the room, she leans against the door first to catch her breath. "Calm down," she tells herself as she gently pounds her fist against her chest.

Her heart is beating rapidly and she feels her face heating up. The feeling is so foreign to her. She tells herself that it's because of the blood bind to calm herself down.

"What are you doing outside?" Lynx flinches when she sees Jongin with Mingyu.

"I just got here," Lynx says as she shows them her bag. "I switched rooms. How about you? What are you doing here?"