xlii.

FORTY TWO

It has been three days since Luhan died. Everyone was obviously having a hard time coping up with it. They had to move to a different district once again. Their hiding place this time was just an abandoned warehouse. It wasn't unlike their previous hiding places where it was more comfortable.

Sehun has been silent ever since. He'd only speak when someone would talk to him. Lynx has been following him around like a lost puppy. Chanyeol made sure to keep his eyes on them.

Minseok had to make plans with Yixing, Baekhyun and Jongdae. Chanyeol felt bad, Minseok can't even grieve for Luhan's death because he carries such a huge responsibility.

Taehyung was surprisingly cooperative with their plans. It was clear that no one fully trusted him yet and they're still being fully cautious of what they tell him but the Capricorn descendant hasn't done anything doubtful for now.

"You and Lynx haven't talked much these days." Jongin walks up to him.

"Aren't you supposed to be training with the half-bloods?" Chanyeol asks.

"They're so out of it so we took a break. I don't even think that we should be training right now but we're running out of time." Jongin sighs.

"I haven't talked to Lynx because she's busy comforting Sehun. I'm honestly more worried for Sehun right now. When we were younger, he used to have these panic attacks whenever Seohyun and Luhan would be separated from him. He was the youngest among the three so he depended on his siblings a lot." Chanyeol frowns.

"Losing them is almost the same as dying to him. He tells me he'll be fine. I saw him smiling genuinely but still..." Chanyeol takes a deep breath.

"He's trying." they both turn when Krystal joins in on their converstation. "You can see that he's trying, he hasn't given up. Healing takes time and he needs all the time and all the comfort that he can get."

"I don't know what I'll ever do if I was in his situation. Losing someone is just so... terrifying." Jongin shudders.

"As cruel as it is, we need to realize the situation that we are in. We're planning on waging war against Orcus and both realms are at stake. All of our lives are at risk." Krystal tells them.

"I don't want to lose you." Jongin says. "And I don't want to lose anyone else anymore. We need to be prepared. We're at a clear disadvantage."

Krystal looks over to Jeonghan, Irene, and Kyungsoo at one end of the room. The sadness was evident among the three as well. Mingyu was there and it looks like the Ursa Major descendant was trying to encourage them.

Jongin notices how Irene smiles at a joke that Mingyu probably made. "It's nice that Mingyu stays optimistic for everyone. Things would've been so much worse without him." Krystal sighs.

"Tell me about it," Chanyeol agrees.

Jongin exhales when he sees Kyungsoo focusing his attention on Jeonghan. "You're not going to win her heart by sulking, kiddo." Jongin whispers.

"Don't meddle, Jongin." Krystal tells him.

"I'm not I just want him to you know, try?" Jongin shakes his head.