xlv.

Lynx eyes Taehyung in confusion. "Four months? I'm confused? What do you mean by the hunt?" she was certain that she heard the term before.

"Humans refer to it as the Tamer's Quest whereas for descendants, it's the hunt." Taehyung says and Lynx nods in realization. "The next one will happen in four months."

"But four months, can we wait that long?" Lynx asks.

"We definitely can. Your question should be 'can Orcus wait that long?'." Taehyung snorts.

"Why should we wait for that then? Is there an explanation for that?" Lynx asks.

"The gates will all be open and the descendants are a lot stronger during that time. Orcus is also gathering descendants from our realm to join him, he wants to rule both realms. He may be impatient and greedy but even he doesn't have the power to manually open multiple gateways." Taehyung explains.

"He has all that power already, I don't understand why he still wants me as his descendant." Lynx crosses her arms. "Is it all because I'm an Ophiuchus descendant? How come he doesn't want Yixing too? I'm only a half-blood."

"Yes and no. He does want your power as an Ophiuchus descendant but at the same time, he just wants full control on you."

Lynx looked completely disturbed with the thought. "What? Why?"

Taehyung shrugs as he places his hands on his pockets. "Even before you became an official tamer, Orcus already had his eyes on you. Even as a kid, he's seen your potential and as you grew, you were so feisty and tough. You disobeyed his orders for so long and that took guts. When you got Chanyeol, he ordered Zitao and I to kill you but that was all a test to see your power. Since then he's been obsessed with making you his descendant and since he knows about Chanyeol's power he'd want you both. If you become his descendant, Chanyeol automatically becomes his as well." he explains.

"And I suppose that you also know the saying that when something is unattainable, you'd want that even more, I guess that could also apply onto why Orcus wants to control you." He adds with a cringe. 

Lynx gives a humorless laugh. "Your former master is such a psychopath."

Taehyung chuckles. "I can't deny that. Somehow I'm relieved that I'm no longer his descendant, I don't feel suffocated anymore."

"I'll be honest, I'm still not used to seeing you on our side but you are as asset to this team." Lynx says.

"It's nice. With this team I don't feel like I'm just a tool or a weapon."

Lynx smiles at him. "A month ago, I'd never imagine that we'd actually be having this kind of conversation."

"A month ago you and I were in the same room as Orcus' assistants restrained you." Taehyung says.

Lynx winces at the memory. "You were such an asshole." she says.
"But I wasn't scared of you."

Taehyung cocks an eyebrow. "Not even one bit?"

Lynx shakes her head. "Not at all, I found you intimidating for a bit but I easily got over it."

"And why?" it was a first for the Capricorn descendant.

"I met someone who's way more intimidating." Lynx grins.

Taehyung smirks. "Does that certain someone happen to be a Leo descendant?"

Lynx simply smiles at that.

"You have bad taste, princess." Taehyung chuckles.

Lynx cocks an eyebrow at him, hearing someone else call her that just feels wrong. It's like it's something that only Chanyeol could call her.