xxxv.

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Yixing sighs in relief when he sees 'Baekhyun' and 'Taeyeon' leaving through the back door of the facility. They got the weapons easily.

"Please take it, it's a lot harder to carry them right now." Sehun groans while Luhan laughs at him. "Damn it, how does Taeyeon manage to fight while wearing a dress?! This is annoying." he says as he pulls the ends of the dress up.

"You're disguising as a woman, can you please act like one at least until we're fully safe?" Luhan scolds him.

"Jeonghan, we'll be going first. Make sure to keep watch." Yixing tells him.

"Got it, no one is around besides some civilians so I'll take care of distracting them." Jeonghan says.

Jeonghan pretends to ask for directions from the people they had to go through so that Sehun, Luhan and Yixing could run off without looking too suspicious.

"Just one more turn till we get back, Jeonghan. There's only one person walking by this street." Yixing informs him.

"No prob, I'll take care of it." Jeonghan casually walks through the street. He spots the person easily.

"Excuse me, I need to ask for--" Jeonghan stops when he jogs up to the said person.

"Jeonghan?!" he gasps.

His eyes widen and his jaw nearly dropped. "Jisoo!? W-what are you doing here?" he asks.

"I'm assigned to this district. What about you? Aren't you supposed to be at the main district?"

Jeonghan gulps. "Look, it's a long story but... I can trust you, right?" he hesitantly asks.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asks back.

"There's going to be a fight one of these days and when that happens, please be on my side. I can't tell you a lot since I don't want you to get involved so just act like this never happened, okay?" he gives her a small smile.

Jisoo frowns. "Jeonghan, this is dangerous. Are you with your friends on this one? Are the rejects up to something? You know this isn't right. If you fail, Lord Orcus will lock you up forever"

Jeonghan frowns too. "We're not rejects, Jisoo. We're half bloods and we deserve better than the crappy treatment we get in that facility. Your Lord Orcus is up to something bad and we have to stop that. Forget what I said about being on my side, just do me a favor and pretend that you never met me. Okay?" he says before walking past him. He gives Yixing the go signal so they start running.

But as Jeonghan is running, he hears footsteps. He was suddenly grabbed by the arm and pulled back. He turns to see Jisoo. "I missed you." he softly says. "I'm sorry for not treating you better back then, my father is a loyal follower of Lord Orcus so I had no choice but to leave you. I trust you, Jeonghan and I promise this time, I'll be on your side so please stay safe."

Jeonghan couldn't help but smile. "And here I thought that you hated me because I'm a reject."

"I'm sorry for calling you a reject. I should have known better." Jisoo looks down in embarrassment. "But you should go now, it's dangerous for you to walk around in the open. Don't be careless."

"Date me again once this is over, okay?" Jeonghan beams at him.

"Still the same flirty Jeonghan, huh?" Jisoo chuckles. "As long as you stay safe throughout all of this."

Jeonghan blows him a kiss. "I'll start planning our first date then." he winks before he runs to catch up with Yixing and the twins. Jisoo is left with an amused smile and his cheeks turning red.