Chapter 12

I liked my little room it made me feel secure but i still had to go home as my mum would worry where i am. I told Logan that i was off and he nodded because he was occupied with some paperwork.

I left to go home and once i got back mum was stood at the door mad again.
"Where were you?" She demanded.
"I went of to check on Lunar, my friend who's dyings sister, she's really struggling." I replied, beginning to choke up.

This technically was not a lie as i went to her house.
"Okay then, well you can go whenever for her AS LONG as you tell me first next time." She sighed.

We embraced a hug as i went back upstairs to collect a few things that i don't need in this room to move to my new one. There wasn't much but it will do.

-*-

That night there was a small knock on my bedroom door, i opened it to find a small fox.
"Hey lil guy, where did you come from?" I asked the fox, Seeing as i was a werewolf i could speak to these sorts of animals.
"Outside, i came in through your window, i lost my mother.." The fox said.

I looked into its blue pleading eyes and let him into my room. i set up a small blanket on the floor for him and he curled up inside. i got back into my bed and looked down at the fox.

"So what's your name?" i asked the innocent fox pup.
"Echo." He replied with in a really adorable voice.
"Nice name, in the morning you cannot stay though, but i know someone who can be your mum." I told Echo.
"Okay." he yawned and went straight to sleep.

Next morning i woke up at 4:00 PM so i could get out of the house and back before mum finds out and school happens. I scooped up Echo and ran into the forest.

I jumped over the familiar roots and leaves with much ease. Once i finally got to the clearing i ran inside the pack house and straight to Lunars room. I knocked.

A very tired Lunar came to the door, here perfect hair all scruffy and her eyes blotchy.
"Sorry Lyra i just can't go to school today." She told me. Then she spotted the fox.

"His name is Echo you can keep him if you wish." I gave her the orange fluffy bundle.
"Thank you so much Lyra!" She embraced me into a hug.
"How's River?" i asked cautiously
"She's doing okay, getting better after the operation." she replied.

After noticing the time i legged it down the stairs and into the forest, following the path i had came. I jumped over the familiar tree roots once again and ran in my front door.

I jumped into bed fast just as i heard mum yawning and getting up.

Phew..

Then Logan entered my mind with a pack link....

"What are you up to?" Logan asked via link.
"I'm going to get ready for school today, i need to get back to it." I told him firmly, today all i wanted was a little bit of normality.
"Okay see you there!" He said before cutting of the pack link.

I ran out of my room and into the bathroom once i had finished and i grabbed a towel and my toothbrush. I brushed my teeth with the water running i dabbed it under the tap. I whipped my face with the towel roughly and then i took my leave.

I went in my room and quickly through some clothes on. I did my whole morning routine with one difference today, I couldn't get Logan out my head.

I thought of his rare smile that he only gave away as a rare gift, i thought of his muscular body and his brown emotion filled eyes. I loved him and that was clear. I also knew he loved me back, we both just had to be ready....