-Battlegrounds-

Alaska was completely zoned out from the group around her. The Cullens and their witnesses had clustered at one end of an large vacant field, awaiting the Volturi. She had been completely focused on her surroundings trying to figure out just where everything was. Alaska had also spent the last couple days completely memorizing every witness's scent and 'feel' so that if it came to her fighting she didn't hurt the wrong side. She could hear different whispered promises and goodbyes but Alaska tried not to listen in.

Everyone,  abandoned their conversations and stiffened as vampires ran through the forest on the other side of the field. Garrett whispered, "The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!" though they all could hear him. Alaska pressed herself further into the pine she hid in.

Suddenly Aro and his army became 'visible' and it's clear that they outnumber the Cullens and their witnesses. Alaska could hear the wolf packs as they emerged and spread throughout the group.

The army stood in a line facing the Cullens and their witnesses, Carlisle ventured forward trying to discuss peace. "Aro, Iet us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner." 

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." 

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken. "

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools."  This voice was different not 'Aro' or she assumed was Aro.

'What the hell' Alaska's thoughts were confused. This, this was stirring something in Alaska that hadn't been touched in so long.

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks. "

"Artifice!" 

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."

Edward approached 'Aro'

 "I'd like to meet her."  This caused Bella, Renesmee, Jacob, and Emmett? to cross the field towards Aro.

 "Ah. Young Bella. Immortality becomes you." Aro shrieked a high pitched sound, entertained by the hybrid's hummingbird heart. Alaska assumed Renesmee showed him her power as he was quite intrigued. There was some more talk before Aro had a witness, someone Alaska didn't know but apparently Tanya and Kate did. They screamed and tried to run at the Volturi before being grabbed. Edward had to calm them down by saying that this was the Volturi wanted and how they were get everyone killed. 

As Tanya and Kate stopped trying to attack Aro and his army, someone on Aro's side said "Pain" and there was a moment of silence, other than several gasps, as Edward fell but got up again. 

Carlisle stepped forward "Aro, you see there's no law broken here." 

"Agreed. But does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow."

Just as Aro finishes two figures emerge from the woods in between the two groups. Both Edward and Aro realize that it's Alice and Jasper.

As Alice and Jasper walk up to Aro and his army, two of the guards roughly grab them causing both to growl.

 Aro tried to play innocent. "My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here, after all." 

Alice didn't waste any time in speaking her case.  "I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind." Though he apparently wasn't convinced. "Let me show you." 

The guards released her and she placed her hand in Aro's outstretched one. There was several minutes of silence before Alice pulled her hand from Aro.

 "Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course." Aro was silent but the damn voice spoke again.

"We cannot alter our course. The child still poses a grave threat."

Edward posed a new statement. " But what if you were sure she could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?"

"Of course. But that cannot be known." 

" Actually, it can." Alaska could almost hear the smirk on Edward's face.

Two more vampires, walking in from the woods, stand next to Alice. "I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil."

The voice was impatient. " We have enough witnesses."

Aro shifted "Let him speak, brother."

The newcomer spoke, "I am half human, half vampire. Like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal."

Questions followed, the first from Bella

"How old are you?" "a hundred and fifty years." 

"At what age did you reach maturity?" "I became full-grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then. "

"And your diet?" "Blood, human food. I can survive on either. "

Another voice, different from the one Alaska recognized, spoke "These children are much like us." Then the one she did. "Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves. Our natural enemies. "

Aro turned and addressed his following. "Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today." They all listen to Aro and quickly leave, then before leaving Aro looks at Alice and Bella muttering something.

Alaska wanted to follow and both Edward and Alice turned towards her and whispered to go, follow him

and she does.

Alaska is running following the scents hoping that just maybe he stayed a little behind. She's caught up in trying to pick out his scent as she is caught in a pair of strong arms. The scent of rain and pine surrounds her like a blanket as a flood of memories washes over her.

"Vivian?"

"Caius?"

Author's Note:

Hey guys. I know it's been a while and I'm sorry. I quick finished this up earlier but I've been piecing this together throughout being sick. It's like twice as long as normal so i hope that makes up for the absence. This is the end of part 1 (breaking dawn part 2) and I will have the cast for part 2 up soon but not actual part 2. I am still really sick and I wanna take a while to hopefully heal and prewrite so we don't have as many breaks and random updates. I will be online on and off for the next week as I am going to be in the hospital to hopefully get rid of whatever's in me. I can only hope that I will be okay but I do want to let you guys know that it might get bad. In my family we have a long history with breast cancers. My mother was diagnosed in Sep. and luckily cured this Feb of stage 0 breast cancer. I am really hoping I don't have it but there is a good chance I do. It is still early so I will probably be okay as I am planned for surgery in late August. But thank you for sticking with the story and I love you all so so much. Without you this story wouldn't have made it anywhere. God this is depressing but still thank you all

-Kitty 7/11/17