alternative ending!

hey so this was requested on the previous chapter and I havent been around lately but imagine this as a late christmas present! Sorry small world readers about the hiatus but I will try to update soon

if you enjoy make sure to vote and request some others!

~~~

It hurt to learn of Aro's intentions. To learn that one of our own wished death on another. Sulpicia knew her husband too well. She knew of the crimes her beloved had committed in the past and she refused to turn a blind eye once again.

It almost reminded her of a child, running off to tattle on their playmate. Except this time the tattle was for life or death. And so she ran, her messy dark brown hair behind her. The wind pushed smells, tangling in her curls and across her pale skin. She knew everything yet the words caught in her throat. With her dress threatening to trip her, Sulpicia slammed into Alaska's arms. The woman was glossy eyed with tears that would never fall. Her words stumbled as she tried so hard to explain.

"Ar-Aro...he means..he's gonna do it again...I just couldn't-" Alaska wrapped the small woman in her arms, her hands brushing through Sulpicia's dark locks. "What do you mean. breathe and then explain, breathe darling. "

"Aro is going to kill you, he did it to Didyme and he's going to get rid of you too."

Eyes wide, Alaska turned to her mate only to be met with the same expression. Neither knew what they would do. Alaska worry only grew with Caius's tone.

"We have to kill him. I know it will hurt but we have no other choice "

"No we can't, even if we tried."

"We can plan, he doesn't have as much power as he thinks."

"This could destroy us, ruin the coven."

"We will recover, we always do."

"How do you know? You can never be sure with these kinds of things."

"For once, I know. So please trust me."

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too."

And with that they planned and they returned to the castle with stone faces and clockwork minds.

They were going to kill the King.
***

They had to be subtle with every little detail. If Aro happened to bump into just the wrong person, they would be over. And so the planning began.

Caius decided that he would be the one to take him down with the help of Felix, Demetri and the twins. They agreed to help as protecting of the woman they thought as a mother was better than turning a blind eye to their cruel master. Alaska was a distraction, the one to hold Sulpicia in her grief. They had it down almost to science, there was no room for mistakes.

It all feel on such an ordinary day. The guard "woke", as normal, earlier than the masters. They went along the normal routes with the usual activities. They only had one hearing, which took place before the feeding. Heidi had brought in a slightly larger crowd, judging on the way they talked amongst themselves they were one group with few stragglers. Once that was over many guards left for business, with almost all of the vampires left subtly moving into their place.

Aro was wandering the castle with Marcus, the former doing most of the talking. He didn't even notice as Marcus led him through the dim ballroom. It was large, empty and quiet. The soundproof room was perfect. The usually mute King had made a remark, "We really should throw more balls dear brother. We don't use this wing of the castle much and its really a tragedy." This ofcourse set Aro into a whole other conversation.

His mind was cluttered with distractions keeping him from noticing the many, many vampires in the upper outcropping and corners. You could have smelled it, the unity and clarity just rolling off the crowds. Each and everyone had a reason, for this and that.

It was almost too quick, with only a few little words signaling Aro's last unneeded breath. It was a swarming almost and they pressed on on all sides, leaving no escape for the ill fated king. The doors and windows slammed and locked, Marcus pulling back into the crowd as Caius stepped out.

"You are alone brother. Betrayed by kin and blood. How does it feel?"

The guard didn't speak, later saying the air itself was suffocating. They couldn't believe it, they were free of the man they were forced to call 'master'

Sulpicia grieved of course, her soulmate had been killed by her own tongue. Yet, she didn't regret it in one bit. She knew the world was better off without him, as she would be one day. She would move on, as did the world.

And that was the coup of Aro Volturi and the betrayal of his reign.