-Masquarade-

AN: "=vivian  '=caius. Make sure to listen to the music when the music starts in the chapter

It was the Renaissance. A time of wonder and art. The gowns and balls were extravagant, used as times to make alliances and the perfect time to hunt for mate.

Vivian couldn't be happier. She was at the finest ball of the century in a dazzling ball gown. A deep Forrest green, to match her hair of course. Redheads were rare and lusted after. She had gotten the color from her mother, a gem of the social scene.

Vivian would never admit but her feet were killing her. She had been constantly dancing all night but had managed to grab a moment of rest with her close friend, Ellie a gorgeous blonde woman. They were of the same age, 17. Ellie had worn a white dress in a similar style to Vivian's, a color base with gold inlay.
Ellie had a complex updo while Vivian let her hair fall over her shoulders, to show off the color of course.

They were in a huge marble and gold ballroom, a flurry of brightly colored gowns, orchestra and fast paced dance moves, when they were approached by a handsome blonde man in a silk suit. (definitely wealthy, bonus!) He was of average height but still towered over the shorter girls.

His eyes were strange, the hundreds of beeswax candles that lit up the ballroom in a yellow/orange glow made them look fiery compared to his pale skin and gold spun hair. Vivian wished to ask him but couldn't as it was bluntly rude. It was like pointing out the Duke's hunchback. Her mother would kill her, nevermind being her only daughter.

Vivian was brought back to the real world when Ellie gave her a sharp elbow to the corset, the mystery man wanted to dance and she was definitely not to disagree.

He led her out on to the floor right as a softer piano piece began. He was skilled, that's for sure. As he lead her through the dance, Vivian took the moment to ask him

"May I know your name?"
'As long as I may know yours'

Vivian couldn't help herself as she giggled like a schoolgirl. She had been around handsome men since she was a babe, she went to her first suitor hunt at 4 summers old. This should have been nothing but there was something definitely different about him.

"My name is Vivian Marie"
She shot him a dazzling smile "Romeo Morris is my stepfather, Madame Annabelle is my birthmother."

'My name is Caius and I have meet your father, a wonderful businessman. He did intend to introduce us but I see we have done that already.' He smirked back at her and Vivian believed she could faint on the spot. He was truly a ladies man.

She was startled by the sudden dip but didn't falter as she spun out and back, her dark gown sparkling and shifting around her. They continued with their dance, spinning, dipping, turning before the song came to a stop and the next almost immediately began again. They continued their dance, neither breaking a sweat for very different reasons. One being an immortal and the other a fluent dancer.

But alas their dance had to end. After several more, Caius lead her off the dance floor. Vivian was absolutely smitten with him and him her. Sadly they would not meet again for many centuries, thinking that they would never see the other again.

But that wasn't going to be the last time she danced with a vamp, the same ball even.