Chapter 57

EMILY'S POV

One week later...

It was the day for my 2-month ultrasound, and I was thrilled and Derek was too.

-Babe wake up we need to go to the hospital.

-Huh!

-Wake up Derek we need to get ready.

-Coming!

He was all sleepy and a bit grumpy, but then he remembered.

-Today is the 2 month check-up!!

-Yes honey, so come on, move it.

I went to Declan's room to wake him up and then I went downstairs and made breakfast for the family.

-Let's go everyone or we are going to be late.

We got in the car and went to Declan's school to drop him off then Derek and I went to the hospital to see my doctor:

-Well hello Emily and, you must be Derek, nice to meet you. I'm doctor Arizona Robbins and I'm your wife's OB.

They shook hands.

-Nice to meet you too. - said Derek

-Hi Dr. Robbins, we are here for my two month check-up.

-Yes, they told me you were abducted and tortured in a case.

-Yes I was...

-Then let me see those little ones.

I laid on the hospital bed, she put a cold gel over my still flat stomach and she put the ultrasound machine on it to start looking for the babies

-I see both of their small bodies and heads, let's hear they're heartbeats.

Bum...bum...bum...bum...

-They sound pretty strong to me and they look very well in there. I'll send you another prescription for the prenatal care pills and you need to take them as it says here okay. Please eat at the correct hours and have a healthy diet.

-Yes Doctor we have been paying close attention to your instructions.

-That's great because that will make you feel better. Have you had anymore pregnancy issues?

-Not at all just the morning sickness and cravings.

-Okay then we are all set, see you in a month, and if something happens or you have any question don't hesitate to call me.

-Okay thank you so much doctor Robbins.

-You are very welcome. See you soon!

-Bye doctor Robbins!