FOREWORD

The Upward Climb

I believe every life has a turning point, where that one choice could change everything. Once that line is crossed, there is no going back. For the longest time, I've written articles and poems for the school that spoke vacantly, as if my heart wasn't in any of them. But something deep in my heart wouldn't allow giving up. I couldn't help feeling I was on a path with destiny at the end and hope and possibilities on either side of the road.

And so, I created this. As an act of bravery. As an act of acceptance.

Rainbow Bliss: An Anthology of LGBT+ Poetry and Stories is my second English book. I have always dreamt of using my love for words, coloring them with the stories of my life and the lives around me, and sharing it to the community I so belong. This is a collection of my poems and stories that would reflect and parade the ups and downs and the lovestruck and heartbreaks of being a member of the LGBT+ community. This is not however in any case a representation of the community.

I write when I feel alone. This was what being alone did. It plays with my mind. And sharing this to you is a resounding declaration that magnificent things happen when one is alone. It's OK to be alone.

Whenever I see a rainbow majestically covering the skies, I remember all the LGBT+ stories I've read, all the movies and TV shows I've watched, all the stories I've heard from my friends, and all the experiences I have gone through.

Knowing, that not far enough, there is someone looking at the same rainbow and thinking about all those things too.

           Mabuhay LGBT,
          Ace