9

Lens

I don't know why I like guys wearing glasses.

Maybe because they look smart or those knowing eyes could see past all the filth, into your soul.

Maybe because the way they rearrange the curve of the glasses in their nose is a way to reset perspective. How their sight is confined within the crest of the lens but their vision is limitless. How the glass lens fog up when they breathe the same icy air. You're trying so hard not to wipe it with your sleeves or maybe your wrist just so you could feel their warmth.

There is something about guys with glasses that is utterly mysterious, silently beautiful. How they zoom into your life and stay at your eyeline -- staring, observing. And then you realize you're staring back -- observing, falling.

I'm not much into bad-boy types, or the jock types or the cool boy-next-door types. Just the simple, guy with glasses type. Maybe because I'm too tired being played by the rest that I want to settle to someone low maintenance.

Someone as fragile as I am.

Or maybe I just like someone who's never gonna hurt me. As if I'll find someone like that.

I don't know why I like guys wearing glasses.

Sometimes, I don't know why I like guys at all.