Part 1

TAEHYUNG

“Congratulations class, you'll all move on to grade 12 next year!”

Everyone cheered and clapped.

“Hey, Taehyung, want to come to my party?” I looked at him. He’s my classmate but we’re not really close. Well, I stopped being friendly with anyone so, it’s not a shocker.

I smiled but refused, “I can’t. Not today.”

I immediately went home. As usual, I saw the dump that was supposed to be my home. My dad is passed out on the floor reeking with the smell of alcohol the way he always do. I went straight to my room and fall heavily down the bed.

This room has been my comfort since I was thirteen. Even my dad wouldn’t come in here no matter how drunk and mad he is. I looked around some more then grabbed my bags and hurried out or I might just not be able to leave this place again.

At first my pace was slow and indecisive but I started to think about the things that will stop happening and how I am finally free, I started to run as fast as I can while carrying a very heavy bag.

I neither have any friends to go to nor any relatives that could take me in; they’re all too afraid of my Dad and I don't really want to involve them in my miserable life but this time I have no choice. I slowed my pace and came to a halt at a bus stop.

Where should I go? Where can I go?

It really is threatening to rain and I don’t have any umbrella with me.

There are cheap inns in this area but I want to be as far away from here as possible – far from all the pain and sadness.

I rode the first bus that came and it was on its way to the next city where my Mom grew up. My grandma is there. Maybe she will take me in.