Part 3

TAEHYUNG

"Oh, sweetie," gran sensed the awkward silence and introduced us. "This is my loving grandson, Taehyung. He's the only son of your Aunt Mara," I tried to smile but I don't know how that turned out. I just hope I didn't look like a serial killer. Gran turned to her, "And this is Jeone, I just told you about her." This time she smiled. And, I swear she has this glow like she's an angel. How is she so beautiful?

"You can two can get to know each other late, just eat for now, my bunny. Taehyung, can you come with me to the market?"
I smiled to my Gran. I missed living with her so much.

We just walked to the market since it's still early and it really is just walking distance.
I looked around my old hometown. "Gran, why is she living with you?" I asked after passing the old playground where I used to play.

"Oh, my sweet child," she sighed and I already felt something heavy settle on my chest and stomach. "Her parents died from the fire that took their house down, too."

"Ahh," was all I could sadly reply. "When?" My curiousity took the best of me. I might sound insensitive but I want to know all I can to not touch any sensitive topic when I'm with her.

"Just last year," we are nearing the market but before that, Gran took a sudden right turn and stopped after some steps. I looked at where she's looking. "Most of the times, she goes back here."

There, in front of me, was the remain of their house. This used to be a home. But in an instant, all of their memories, just like that, gone.

I felt a tear roll on my face. I felt Gran's hands on my back, tapping gently.

"So, be good to her. She's a very lovely child, inside and out. She just have a storm raging inside her at the moment but I'm sure it'll get calmer soon," I hugged her now. "You can help each other. I know you guys can help each other."

I looked at Jeone's old house, the burnt down foundation is the only thing left but someone put up a tent inside it.

We both started walking towards the market again, this time in silence. A comforting one.

Jeone, I'd like to help her.