Part 5

TAEHYUNG

After doing some chores, I decided to go upstairs again and decided to look at our old pictures.

Dad used to look like a decent human being. And he used to look at me like he loves me. Mom always looked so bright and I remember that she always felt so warm.

I miss her. I miss Mom. I miss my old family. I miss my Dad. I miss talking with him. I miss him giving me life lessons. I miss him supporting me in my dreams.

I closed the album before a tear fell on it. I clutched it tightly to my chest. My tears wouldn't stop. I would do anything to go back in time and hug Mom so tight and feel once again how much Dad loves me because right now, all I feel whenever I think of Dad is that there's a big hollow on my chest and my scars sting, and the never-ending bruises on my body. One replaced by another whenever I get home and he's awake.

I hear my door open. Gladly, I'm facing the wall while lying on my side. Whoever it is, I fooled them thinking I was asleep and left.

I decided to wash up but when I got up, a stray picture was lying face-down on the floor. It's my birthday party. A lot of kids are beside me singing a happy birthday while I blow the candles.

This was my party celebrated here in Gran's house. I noticed a girl beside me.

"Jeone!" I called to her. She's sitting on the porch with her earphones on. "Jeone," I stood in front of her and waved the picture. "I found you."

She took the picture and looked at it. She smiled brightly showing her teeth. She looks like an anime character. She's so cute.

"You were my friend whenever I came here! Why didn't..." I almost said 'tell me' when I remembered she couldn't speak.

But I remembered that she can talk when we were younger. She used to tell me a lot of her dreams.

"So, do you remember me?" She nodded and held my hand. A tear fell from her eyes. She looks like she wanted to say something but she can't. "Why aren't you saying anything?"

She shook her head and just walked away from me.

____

What do you think? Comment and vote. Thank you! I'll try to update as fast as I can since I am in the middle of review for my board exam. 'Fighting' to you guys who are struggling with studies or work!