Chapter Five

"Annyeong, I'm Kye Ayami." mother waved at the camera. She always introduced herself in every video, even in this, this video that she specially made for me.. because she was unsure of her fate. 

She was so beautiful. 

"And this is my daughter, Ayumi." she pointed at her belly and giggled. "If you ever manage to watch this video, Ayumi.." she turned away, her smile dropping. 

I wanted to meet her. I wanted to hug her.. I never could.. 

She was sitting on her practice room, the camera on the floor. "I want you to know that I love you very much." she placed a hand on her heart. "Keep on smiling. Okay? I'm positive that you will become a very beautiful woman." 

Dad shifted in his seat beside me. This was her last video. I blinked a few times, feeling a familiar feeling swirl in. 

"Many boys will fall in love with you," she laughed softly and gave me a thumbs up. "Just kidding. But really, here's a piece of advice: love someone who loves you for who you really are. Friend or partner. Actions speak louder than words." 

She smiled again and wiped her eyes with the hem of her sleeve, "I don't want your life to be as bumpy like mines.. trust is important. If love is true, there will never be any suspicions. If friendship is true, there will never be any doubts." 

I felt myself tearing up. I quickly wiped the tears away. I hated crying. 

"Omo, Ayumi," Dad sighed, pulling me in a hug. 

"I love you, Ayumi." she smiled genuinely. "Remember that." she kissed the camera and turned it off. 

He pulled away and started signing as well. 'Take her piece of advice, okay? But never be afraid to ask for mines, too.' 

I smiled and nodded. 

"You're my everything, Ayumi." he spoke, planting a kiss on my forehead. Holly patted my foot, and I giggled, placing her on my lap. 

We just got home from the doctor. 

My phone buzzed. 

From: JIMIN LIKES MEAT 

Topic: Are you available? 

Ayuuuuuumiiiiiiii can I go there? Let's practice! And you have to tell me about the date! And I have something to tell you!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I tapped Dad on the shoulder and showed him the message. "Ah, your friend Jimin. Of course he can come. Practice for the representation?" 

I grinned and nodded, before replying to Jimin that he can go. 

Dad turned off the television and raised the AC. "Would you and Jimin need anything?" 

I shook my head, 'We're going to be fine, Dad.' 

"Alright." he smiled and walked up the stairs. "I'll be upstairs in case you need me." 

I looked down on Holly, who started licking my face. I laughed as she did. She was so affectionate and adorable. 

I played with her for a while, until the doorbell rang. Knowing who it was, Holly jumped from my lap and I stood up, answering the door. 

"Ayumi! Should we start practicing?" he waved, giving me a cute eye smile. 

I pulled out my phone, 'But we don't have any music?' 

"A good excuse for a hangout!" he giggled like a little kid and kicked his shoes off, walking inside. He looked around. "Woah, you have a big house, Ayumi."