Chapter Sixteen

I wasn't used to taking the subway.

Sure, it was all over Korea. But my dad preferred travelling by car. So when Yoongi told me he wanted to take me somewhere by riding the subway, it took me a while to convince Dad. but since he was the best, he ended up saying yes!

He made me use his card, so it wasn't a hassle entering the station.

"Ah, you have a girly style." Yoongi pointed out. Well, I always took my time when picking out my clothes. I eyed him, and since the weather was cold, I didn't blame him wearing a coat. "It looks good on you."

I smiled and clapped my hands in gratitude, before pulling out my phone. 'Where are we going?'

He flashed me a gummy smile, "You don't know much about places, right?"

I nodded, my brows furrowed. He smiled even wider and gently tugged my arm, intertwining his hand with mines. "It's a secret. I bet you'll like it there."

I got even more confused. He was so weird.

"But you know what would be the best place for you?" he said as we entered the train. I tilted my head in question. "Hongdae! People adore those who perform there."

I flicked his forehead and typed in my phone, 'No. That's the best place for you.'

He gave me an odd look, and he watched me as I typed. 'I can imagine you being an artist! A composer that sings their own songs. I can imagine you dancing, too!'

"Dancing," he cocked an eyebrow. "The only thing I know how to dance is our dance."

'Let me teach you!' I grinned widely, starting to get all excited, until I felt other people's gaze on me. I laughed awkwardly and toned down.

"I'm just not that interested in dancing," he excused.

I pouted, giving him a look.

"Really?" he gave me a knowing expression, and I nodded in agreement. He was so multitalented. He could rap, he could compose, he could play the piano.. while the only thing I could do was dance. He was so far away.

"I made a new song." he said, pulling out his earphones and handing them to me. I smiled widely and plugged them in, as he started playing a song.

It was much more aggressive than usual, it involved curses, but I didn't mind. His lyrics were pretty much directed on how life was bringing him down, but he wouldn't give up.

As the song ended, I clapped in excitement.

"I'm thinking of making the song a little longer," he said. "What do you think?"

I shook my head, reassuring him that it was perfect. Before proceeding to type in my phone: 'You make such good songs, when I pursue my dreams of becoming a dancer, I'll make sure I always let them play your songs first.'

"How do you say thank you in ASL?"

I smiled and pressed a hand on my lips, before bringing it down, so it looked like I was giving him a flying kiss.

He copied my action, and the way it fluttered my heart made it hurt a bit.

"You know.." he said slowly. "I'm always all words. I'm going to try and learn ASL."

I shook my head right away. Though I was mute, it took me a few years to learn ASL when I was a kid. He needed to focus on his grades.

I shook my head again, showing him my phone.

"It's for you to try and communicate well with me," he nodded. "And what learning ASL for? So I can communicate comfortably with you. Even if it's just a few words. Meaningful ones."