Chapter 1 :: The Entrance

Kring!!!

The red apple shaped clock jingles revealing the time 6:30 AM. 

I wake up with my droopy eyes half-closed and a lazy morning groan escapes from my mouth.

"Your school starts at 8 AM, make sure you're not late for your first day of school." My mother shouted from the kitchen. 

"Alright, mum." I murmured sleepily.

After tidying my bed, I had a hot shower and dressed up in a new high school uniform. Not just any ordinary uniform but an elite uniform with a V shaped letter in the centre of the crown logo on the left side of the white collar shirt and a black knife pleated skirt. I finalised by the touches of my maroon coloured cardigan and black stocking with a pair of slip-on shoes. 

Satisfied with my appearance, I ran down the spiral stairs to the kitchen. Smells of pancakes roamed across the entire house. 

My mother smiles when she sees me, humming her favourite song "a thousand years" by Christiana Perri. 

I always love how my mother hummed in the morning, it makes everything seem to be in the right place. A happy vibe of a morning.

"You look gorgeous, honey. "

She uttered glancing at my uniform.

"I'm so excited! New school, new friends, overall I'm going to the same school as Nathan ! I'm glad we moved!" I exclaimed joyfully. 

Moving from Cambridge to London was an incredible outrun for me, and apart from that my parent's occupation effectively affected my life, I applied for a scholarship for this elite School - Royal High with my impressive good grades. Thanks to luck and good grades , I'm accepted to enroll in the best Vampire high school in London. Hanging out again with my best pal intrigued me, as for before I and Nathan can only be met every weekend due to location matters. Now I can bug Nathan whenever I want.

Munching my pancakes topped with caramel syrup, I gulped down hastily glancing at the time.

"Dad will drive you to school, honey." my dad approaches me while in a swift he had car keys and everything on deck.

"Yay, bye mum!" I kissed my mom's cheek and she returned one on the forehead, I headed out to the car. 

Leila Spark POV (Clara's mother) 

Watching my only precious daughter going with my beloved man, I smiled widely.

My gaze doesn't leave yhe vehicle till the car rushes off. I'm practically worried about the fact that she hasn't shown any sign of a Vampire trait. Aware of the School environment, I doubt those students will treat her kindly without materialistically near her because of her sweet scent blood. She didn't know about it and neither would I tell her. She will take it as a joke, her naive innocent purity would threaten her, excessively harm her in the meantime. She needs to be extra careful, aware of every sense of danger those predators might consume her, her capricious and stubborn personality resembling her own mother makes her refuse to accept harsh opinions of this cruel world. 

I sigh relieved of the fact that I called Nathan. Oh right, the bracelet included a red scarlet ruby that I've given her on her sixteenth birthday, that'll protect her.

FLASHBACK 

4 A.M.

"Hello Nathan" 

"Good morning, Mrs Spark." Nathan replied with gratitude. 

"I hope you can watch over Clara for me. She's too fragile and vulnerable. You certainly are aware of what I'm referring to, yes? "