Chapter 4 :: Sign (Part 1)

Edited. If you find grammar mistakes or any sort of error, I'd appreciate for the pointers. Enjoy the story :)

Clara POV 

Searching through the ivory dressed up table, drawers , wardrobes, I sighed heavily failing in search of my phone. I tilt my head to the door when I hear a knock "Come in ". 

I gasped and a wide smile floats in my face when I saw that familiar gorgeous face of him . "Nathan!" I exclaimed enthusiastically jot towards him, he embraced me into his chest,wrapping my arms around his neck. 

I felt as if I haven't seen him in forever. I blushed when he loosen his grip to my waist, his caring gaze bore themselves into my scarlet eyes, "How are you feeling , Sparky? " he said softly . I always loved how he called me Sparky, I never hug or get close with any guy friend, girl friend not so much hang out with me. He's my only best friend since kindergarten, even though our parents are best friends. He may be cold on the outside, but on the inside he's a warm-hearted person. 

"Fine.. I guess. Hmm, do you happen to see my parents? " I asked (since I haven't called my parents , Nathan might have contacted them inquiring me ) while my eyes gazed upon his bluish eyes turning black in a swift. Fear spreads within me as his cold breath shivers my body causing goosebumps on my skin. He didn't reply to me immediately, his gaze locked upon mine still, he sighs before replying to me. "You'll need to dress in black tomorrow. There's an honorable memorial you had to attend to. " His face was blank , as his black eyes flooded with emotions. 

I can feel a teardrop on my hot cheek, "Whose memorial was it?!" My hands clenched into fist barely pulling his shirt tightly. There was a temporary silence , my son was the only sound echoed in the room.

"I'm sorry, Spark. " he reply huskily. It's my parents.. 

He leans my head into his chest, as I cry uncontrollably , clenching my fist ,I hit his chest, till my energy weakens . Nathan let me hit him continuously, he embraced me tighter, his right hand pat my back softly "You'll be alright. " 

His hoarse voice calms me , but my tears just won't stop. I cried my heart out in his warm embrace that night. "A-all this happe-nns so simultaneously.. life is so unfair. M-my... Heart.. It hurts-s"

Nathan POV

"A-all this happe-nns so simultaneously.. life is so unfair. M-my... Heart.. It hurts-s" 

Her words vividly resonate in my ears, I sigh desperately. I knew this would hurt her so much, however, she had the privilege to know the truth. I can't hide this from her, not even a single second. 

I lay her softly on bed, as she continues to sob till she falls asleep on my chest. I pulled the blanket to cover her shoulder, I wiped away her dried tears from her tender cheek. Truthfully, it hurts to see her so hurt by the death of her parents. I wish I could do anything in replacement, no matter what I will always be by her side. 

I switch off the side table lamp quietly, "Don't go.. " she reached for my hand, holding my pinky finger then her hands released, I held on her hand before it fell. I stayed by her side , kissed her forehead "Don't worry, I'll always be here for you. "