Chapter 8 :: Unexpected Proposals

The classic melody of Bethovenvs symphony 9 echoed along the corridor, the soft tunes vibrated lightly as I'm still laying on the bed with the silky sheets covering me.

"Wake up sleepyhead, " a huskily voice demanded.

"Hmm" humming in response , I giggled as tickled stormed over me at the point that I started to laugh so hard, "Stop it Nat! " he finally stopped while I give in by sitting up on the bed. My hair is messy as hell, though I don't really pay attention to it with the existence of.. Nathan! My senses came back to me as I tried to combed my messy hair with my fingers to entangle my bird nest hair, I heard him chuckled glancing at my appearance. We are childhood best friends , but the palpitation of my heart and embarrassment hit me the reality that sometimes I wonder myself what am I feeling.

"You need to get ready Sparky. There'll be a glamorous ball this evening. You will not want to miss it. " he exclaimed in a merrily tone.

"Ughh.. No wonder the Bethoven's melody is ringing the bells. " The Crimson's tradition of tuning classical melody are definitely an indirect indication of momentous events. I've come to learned that every signs of unusual happenings triggers another.

I jumped out of the bed, and trudged over the door to head to my room.

"I'll see you later Nat."

"Wonderful. "

I wave my hand at him and leave the room . He smile while adjusting his tie for his suit.

...

Dressing up myself and applying make ups on my face, curled up my wavy hair , I'm ready to leave my room when there's a knock.

I opened the door to see Valentino grinning as he examined my appearance head to toes.

"You look stunning , love" he kissed my knuckles and I blushed.

"You don't look so bad yourself. " I smiled sweetly of his compliment.

"May I escort you to the ball, Lady Spark" he asked seductively winking his left eye.

"If you insist, Prince Valentino." i pressed the word prince flirtiously in response.

"It'll be my pleasure."

Slipping in my hand to his arms that he offer , we strolled along the corridors down the grand spiral stairs, the painting of his ancestors along the stairs gives me awestruck as I glanced continuosly stepping down the stairs. He seems to realized my admiration of the paintings, he yanked me toward him , "We're here. " his cold breathe near my ear sends me cold shivering impulses.

The grand ball held behind those hefty wooden door , an extravagant setting of lavish chandeliers , men and women chattering with a glass of wine or sampagne was to be seen. Decorative roses table cloth , french pastries, classical music played by professional elegant musicians. Just like the ball that I've ever wished to dance in! I used to dream of this one perfect moment where I would meet the special person to spent my life forever.

I snickered on my own thoughts, whereas Valentino have been staring at me all the time I was thinking. His eyes was black for a second but in a swift they turned back to his original colour.

What's with the black colour? I asked myself frowning slightly.

I noticed his unfazed gaze and his gaze unknowingly mortified me, he let out his hand and asked "May I have this dance, Lady Spark. "

Curtsied as I accepted his hand, "Of course, Prince. "

He smiled while his other hand hauled my waist closer to him, causing our chest to bumped and face inches away from each other.

"How do you like the ball, love? " he whispered in my ear, again goosebumps roses all iver my body.

"It's exquisite. I love it. " I replied and abashed as his face lean closer to mine and our lips brushed each others before he planted a sweet kiss on mine.

I was about to pull away, surprised of what he did, he didn't let go of me instead his hand firmly grab my waist, "I had a surprise for you,love ".

"Surpris-se? " one of my eyebrow raised.

He nodded, in a second he kneel down with a red ruby ring on his hand, before I could comprehend what happen, "Lady Spark, would you be my partner for life?"

The music stopped , men and women chattering vanishes into thin air, the spotlight shone on us being the center of attentions.

Whattt?! I stared at him dumbfounded, we only met for only two weeks and now he proposes to me for only a kiss that we share afterwards? This is so wrong..

I gasped of his sudden proposal with skepticism , what should I answered him? Feelings don't lie, I know that very well. I do have feelings for him, but I couldn't consider it love.

Don't accept his proposal. You'll be bonded to him once you wear the engagement ring. My mind spokes to me.

He's a prince, if I rejected him, he'll lose his honor and dignity as a royal.

Do you have to be so dumb? Your life is at stake and you have to hesitate right now worrying about his status? Will you be able to forgive yourself if he's not the right one for you?

He's not the right one?

Do you even love him?

I startled of that simple question, the silence slowly kills me inside, i was certain my words will hurt him or dishonor him. But I have no choice, "I'm sorry... " I shook my head lightly as I dashes out of the ball , without glancing back. He froze while the crowd gasped.

I don't bother to care anymore sweet status, honor, or other's furious expression of disbelief when I rejected the prince.

I races out to the garden and hid behind a bulky tree.

Cowardice implies that this time my actions vanquishes over my feeling.
I recall the moment when he kissed me, I cried hoarsely as memory flashes in my mind.

The dreams I had lastnight...

***

He kisses me slowly yet so passionately as he sucked the bottom of my lips. Pulling me closer to him where our kiss deepens , my fingers trailed around his hair , slightly pulling as he groaned between the kisses.

"I love you Sparky. I've always love you. " he spokes softly before kissing me again...

***

Sparky? Only one person calls me Sparky..

That's...

Nathan?