Chapter 9 :: The truth

Nathan?

He is my mate?! But how..? All these years, I thought we're two pure soul who trust each other and unending friendship. Does that points out why the matter of fact that I always relies on him, comfortable of him, needed him desperately everytime he's gone, and missing... Him?

So the embarrasment and heart beat racing was a signal all along. Why did i only discovered it now? How could I? After the time we spent together, it takes forever to reveal my true feelings for him. But.. Did he feel the same? I frowned as those thoughts piled up in my mind forming a large fluffy cloud above my head. (just an expression though XD)

A twig snapped , cold air blows lightly on my cheek and hair as it covers my sight. Before I tidied my hair picking it away from my face, a familiar hand did it in a flash softly.

The bluish sea eyes gazing at mine, compelled by his gaze, I lean closer to him subconsciously as our nose touches each other, his face put on his remarkable charming smile.

"You.. knew all along?" i asked him hesistantly backing away from the close distance.

He nodded slightly, his eyes displays a mixture of happy, sad, and regrets.

"Why didn't you tell me , Nat? "

His stares boring into me soften, he reached to rub his thumb through my cheek.

Deg.. Deg.. Deg..
My heart thumps loudly as I could felt my faces boiled into a red blushes, he chuckles .

"You've never seen me this way before. Even if you do, you wouldn't notice it. Love was buried deep in your heart, I've waited for you to come to me. If you really are my mate, you certainly will come to me one day. Now, time had proven the fate that we share. "

He leans in closer. He kisses me slowly yet so passionately as he sucked the bottom of my lips. Pulling me closer to him where our kiss deepens , my fingers trailed around his hair , slightly pulling as he groaned between the kisses.

"I love you Sparky. I've always love you. " he spokes softly before kissing me again...

The dream was real.. This breathless kiss effectuate me in a way , I wish to be his wholely. A mate, a best friend, it strucks me the reality where we have played together since I was a child , he knows of my everything, my flaws , my bad habits and even those I have shown noone but him. I blushed at that thought.

He pulls away as we panted, laughing at ourselves.

"I love you Nat." i utter sincerely , tip toed I lock my arms around his neck, leaning my chin on his shoulder.

He hugged me back tightly, almost hoisted me up , "I love you too Sparky."

....

*Valentino POV*

How dare she rejected me in front of the royal families and nobles that acknowledged my father. The worst part is, my father was there when I proposed to her. The gasp of the audience prevails the dreadful humilliation I received from a mere lady. No woman ever deny me before which angers me more.

"How could you fail to lure her?" my father yelled as he storms into the room ,banging the doors , the furnitures vibrates , the glass breaks and shattered on the marble floor. His expression was outrageous.

"You should have known well, she's our most valuable asset. If you couldn't keep her heart, how capable you are to rule my kingdom without the best candidate queen I've chosen?! "

My father had never shouted me ,my works and accomplishments impressed him, no work was impossible for me to obtain but her. I could vainly see my father's deep disappointement.

"I would make you proud. Father." i stated sternly.

"How are you going to do so?" his sarcastic tone was anything but intimidating.

"I'll eagerly give her an early birthday gift." i smirked mischievously.

She's going to pay for what she had done. Saying no to me was definitely her worst nightmare. The punishment I gifted her, she would knelt and beg for my forgiveness as she tastes my wrath upon her.