Chapter 14 :: Parents and mate

Clara POV 

"And who exactly is my parents? My biological parent."

 He was stunned as if I have splashed icy cold water to his face. Frozen , stoned, his eyes withheld so many emotions that I couldn't comprehend. I was testing him , the curiosity and doubts I had of my dreams certainly have flip the switch. He blink a few times and look down to the floor turning his body away slightly. 

"So, it's true? My parents wasn't my biological ones? " I asked in disbelief.

All those years of homey and happy family vibes turned my world upside down. They were so passionate and kind, their love towards me are sincere and real. They are not my real parents...?

How could they love me when I'm not the child of their own? 

I looked at Nathan as he acts like a kid caught redhanded, pulling me into his warm embraces he whispers "I promised I will tell you tomorrow. For now, get some sleep."

He tugged my covers up to my chest and leave my room in a flash.

How am I going to sleep? Thoughts are twirling in my mind , questions trouble themselves with hundred of question marks. Before I knew it, I fall into a deep slumber. 

***

Glancing at Nathan who's sitting in front of me , he offers me pancakes with marmalade syrup which I accepted gladly and he took some for himself in his plate too. It's been 10 minutes of silence taken place between us, I always chatter non stop like a woodpecker pecking on the trees , Nathan would usually jokes and teases me.

The questions I had in my mind is killing me for answers , seeing his blank expression this morning explained the secrets he have been keeping from me was a BIG deal.  

After washing my dishes and his, we decided to take a walk outside. Yellow hoodies and a black leggings along with my bright orange Reebok running shoes, as for him he wore a grey hoodies pair up with his grey sweatpants and converse shoes.

My eyes trails along the sideway bushes, small tiny flowers kind of distract me for a while now. Not enough to shield my curiosity that's been dying to know.

What? Who? Why?

Everything baffled me, how come I don't see this coming ,in my life I would never expect this kind of melodramas to happen to me. 

"Jasper is a hybrid Vampire. He's been with the rogues for years, aiming for the pureblood vampires such as your parents, the Varestsy. "

He spoke suddenly , quiet and clear. 

"Your biological parents , the Varestsy was one of the strongest kingdom that rules in the North , when the prophecy of a destined vampire queen spread throughout the world, the world shook and shock of the news. It was said that she will be a powerful ruler, standing together with a prince they will rule and became the undefeated empire.  " he continued without waiting for my reactions.

He keeps his hand in his hoodies pocket, "There was a opposition party which disagree and prohibited the prophecy such as the hybrids . They gather into a mass of rebellions and attack your kingdom out of the blue. Your father Alexander Kings was able to save you , your mother Isabella died while fighting to the hybrids stalling time for your escape. " 

Warm tears trickle down my face before I knew it, pain surge and slip in sobs secape uncontrollably. I may not know my parents , the truth Nathan had spoken awake my inner conscience recognizing their familiar names. 

He pulled me into his chest, carefully as if he would break me , "Valentino's father was a best friend of your father, he was entrusted to protect you in place of him. Your father was gone to fought the remaining hybrids and blown his last breathe lying beside your mother. " 

I cried harder pinching his hoodies, I cried my heart out of it. My biological parents are dead and my foster parents are dead again because of me. 

He pulled me closer to his chest while his hand patted me and he let me cried in silence , my tears flown like rivers and sobs are the only sound audible over the chirping of birds.

***

"Why does Jasper appears after these years?" I asked after drinking a bottle of water. 

"Hmm.. He is the son of the hybrids leader, must have taken his father duty , to finish the mission. Since you're 18 now , you'll meet your mate and destiny will find its way to yours. " he replied while his lips twitched a faint smile. 

Mate...

"I've found my mate?" My words are suppose to be a statement blurted out like a question. I believe I've found my mate, my heart says I did , but who? Deep in my heart I was hoping for him, some part of me denies Nathan. What is wrong with me? 

"You did. " his expression changed slightly  , his eyes was grimly black for a brief second then changes to his usual bluish sea colour. Is he mad? 

Our eyes locked to each others, emotion waves abruptly , I could feel contentment and the needs to be in his embrace ,the touch of his hand tingles a spark , goosebumps rouses as he grab my wrist softly and stroke my ruby carved bracelet . "This bracelet was your mother's. It will protect you and the ruby stone will lighten up if you met your mate." His hoarse voice sounded sad at the last word of 'mate'. 

Wait... He isn't my mate? 

I gasped as I looked at his blank expression, his eyes adopt so much bitterness , sadness, and sorrowful assemblage of emotionally scarred.

He sighed deeply as he steps closer to me , "I really hope you're my mate , Sparky. I loved you the first time I saw you. You're so precious, I wouldn't miss the world for you. You're like the air that breathe in into me, life felt so perfect with you inside mine. I will be crazy to lose you, I can't stand a second with you out of my sight. You dont know how much it hurts me , Sparky. You don't know..." he reluctantly buried his face in his hands and about to turn and walk toward the door when I hugged him . 

My bracelet , the ruby doesn't lit. 

I know the feeling to lose someone you love, its like the sky fall apart your heart being pierced painfully with thousands of knife and your heart torn and thrown away. I love him, I truly does . I desperately wishes he was my mate , for an entire world I would not find any gentleman and a best friend like him . 

I don't know what to say, because some words are better left unspoken . Every word matters  right now words are needless to say. We stay like that for a brief moment, mesmerizing every moment we had with each other ,terrified of what was coming ahead of us. I could feel his cold hands clasped on mine while I leaned in closer hugging him tighter and whispers "I love you Naty. I do.. " 

*Valentino POV*

My body is healing quickly after they left. My heart however clamped tight when that brat brought her away from me. I acknowledged the danger she is with me, truthfully I do. Some part of me fight the urge to not touch her and pushes her away, my mind and heart just doesn't seem to cooperate at all. I regret all the sins I attempt to do to hurt her, especially when I violated her physically. I don't meant to do that, all of my heart I wanted to embrace her scooped her smaller body to myself and kiss her passionately what mates usually do to their loves one. It was killing me on the inside when I lose control and throw all my anger on her. 

I will kill those hybrids before they hurt my sweetheart, Jasper that prick never gave up getting on my nerves. I swear once I find him, I will torture him so badly he would beg for my mercy to send him to hell.

 I punched my knuckles to the wall, it vibrated and my knuckles bruised. My knuckles recovered in ticks of seconds , the pain painted in my heart was beyond any pain. I needed her , her presence , her scents , her gorgeous eyes and soft silky hair, her pink lips, oh God I missed her so much. 

Without any hesitant, I drove in my Aston martin Vulcan and headed to Nathan's penthouse. Perhaps emotions and love had blinded my conscience, I couldn't care less not this time. I have hold myself for too long, if I didn't reached for her I will lose her for eternity. I have taken aback for so long, my patience are running out. 

Wait for me love, I'm coming for you.