**Chapter 8**

**Chapter 8**

Bythos POV

"Really? Shouldn't we take him to a hospital?! That's the second time today!" I screamed at Aphros. He had caught Aiden right before he fell and was now cradling his body, holding it close to his own. I handed baby Aiden over to his mom and knelt down next to Aphros and Aiden who were now on the floor. He looked a little pale and I was worried that he was coming down with something or maybe we've just been stressing him out a lot. I turned and looked at my brother.

"Are we stressing him out too much?"

He looked at me with sad eyes and then down at the limp body lying in his arms. He studied his figure for a moment before running a finger along his jaw line. His eyes searched his face for any signs of distress before he looked back up at me.

"I hope not, but we should talk to him about all this when he wakes up."

He began to stand up and I raced behind him to steady him as he carried Aiden bridal style back to our bed. Aphros laid him down and I crawled in the bed after him. I slipped under the cover and pulled it up around the both of us. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled his resting body back against mines.

"Don't worry Aphros and Aiden's mom; I'll stay with him until he wakes up."

Aiden's mom looked between me and Aphros like she was trying to figure something out. Which she probably was, we still hadn't told her that we were both Aiden's boyfriends. We were going to leave that as one of the things that he would have to explain to his mother.

Sadness washed over me as I remembered the other thing that he would have to tell her. It would hurt so much to tell your mother that the man she loves tried to kill her son. He probably wasn't expecting to ever see them again but now he had to deal with it, which meant that he would have to tell her the truth. Of course Aphros and I would stay with him, if that's what he wanted, while he spoke to her. We would never leave him unless he asks us to and even then it’s a little iffy.

Even though I knew he had to talk to her I didn't want him to. I wanted him to forget everything about his past and to stay with us forever. I'm selfish, but even I know that wouldn't be fair to his mom or him. He would have to tell her everything and hope for the best. We were demi-gods and we couldn't do anything to even help our own boyfriend! This was frustrating!

He shifted in his sleep and flipped over to face me. He looked so innocent when he was sleeping. He looked innocent when he was awake too. I guess this boy just always looked innocent. Looking at him you would never guess what he's been through. He's always smiling, except that one night we kidnapped him...to think that we were going to kill him. HA!

I reached out and ran two of my fingers over his lips, they were so soft and they reminded me of the night on the beach when I had first kissed him. They were so inviting, I wanted to kiss him back at the coffee shop when he had come to comfort me and when I finally did kiss him his lips were so soft and sweet. I could have stayed there all night just kissing him.

He moved closer to me and his head was now lying on my chest. I watched as his head rose and fell with every breath I took. I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair gently, not wanting him to wake up. I wanted him to stay like this forever. I wanted him to be happy and never have to worry again. I stroked his cheek gently as I thought out loud.