Part 6

Looking away from my concerned mate I leave the room completely. "Athena, wait!" Ben pleads as I walk down the hall.

Without thinking I make my way into our bedroom. "Athena, I'm sorry. I have to go, as a future king it's my responsibility." Ben says entering the room. "I don't want you to get hurt. We haven't mated yet and what if you find someone better to be the future queen." I whimper looking at the floor.

As I look at the floor I see Ben's shoes come into view. "Athena. I swear by my life, I will never look for someone to take your place as future queen as long as we both live." He whispers against my lips before placing a gentle kiss there.

Looking into his eyes I see the truth of his words. "Why don't we stay here?" Ben asks raising an eyebrow. "I think your parents want us there for dinner." I reply with a giggle.

------------

After having dinner, Paisley begins speaking about the coming out ball to introduce me as the future queen and Ben's mate.

"One thing I must mention is that the two of you must be mated. If not there are chances of someone claiming Athena to be their mate stolen by the prince." Paisley states looking at Ben and I.

I look to Ben as he takes my hand. "Anyways everyone is dismissed and we will be searching for your dress soon Athena." She adds before Ben quickly rushes us to our room.