Part 8

My eyes slowly adjust to the light shining into the room. "Morning." I hear a husky voice say into my ear. I look over to see Ben watching my every move as he plays with my hair.

A loud knocking on the door interrupts our peaceful moment. "Ben, Athena! We need both of you in the office to discuss the ball. Meet us down there in half an hour." Paisley calls out. "Okay, thank you Mom!" Ben calls back.

Smiling up at Ben I remember what took place last night and begin blushing. "What are you embarrassed about? You're amazing." Ben grins kissing my neck and my lips.

Rolling my eyes I get up and go to the closet changing into an orange dress. "Athena, we better get going. Mom is going to kill me if we are late." Ben chuckles.

Wrapping an arm around my waist, Ben guides me to his office where his parents and sisters sit

"Finally! It's about time!" Raven squeals seeing Ben's mark on my neck. I quickly hide behind Ben as the women begin speaking about Ben and I's future.

Sensing my discomfort, Paisley begins the meeting. "So for the ball, it is like a wedding. Ben and Athena will be crowned as King and Queen. So that means a white dress for Athena and a black tux for all the men. Girls you are to wear light green dresses. This ceremony is about crowning a new king and queen." Paisley states.

I look to Ben to see him watching me closely. "This is going to take place two weeks from now to ensure you won't be heavily pregnant now that you have been mated. This also gives us time to finish preparing you both for your roles as king and queen." Paisley adds.

I look to Drake (Ben's father) as he clears his throat. "The council has a rule, you must have a child by the end of the first year or they will chose one of your sisters to take over." Drake states.

So I might be pregnant already. Isn't this great.