Part 12

As dinner rolls around I walk with Ben to the dinner hall. I spot Zara sitting next to her mate Jase smiling at my family and I. "King Benjamin, Queen Athena." Jase nods. "So how have you three enjoyed your time here?" I ask looking at Zara holding her three month old son. "I've enjoyed it very much, thank you Athena." Zara smiles. "We are deeply and truly sorry to inform but we must return home tomorrow morning as there was an attack on our castle in our absence." Jase sighs. "We will be taking Bethany with us. I know my mate offered to talk about letting you two keep her until she is fifteen but the kingdoms know of the agreement and I believe it is best for her to be kept with us." Jase states firmly. The rest of dinner was silents aside from Ben and Jase talking softly.

     As morning rolls around I dread getting up. I walk to the twins room and cradle Bethany in my arms as Ben comes up behind me. "We will have more daughters and we will go visit Bethany at least once a year." Ben sighs kissing my cheek. 

     I let the tears roll down my cheeks as I watch my baby get taken away. "I love you Athena." Ben whispers. I begin walking away from him when a sudden burst of pain rips across my torso and I crash to the ground. "Athena! Guards look for an intruder now!" Ben shouts as he lifts me in his arms rushing me to his Aunt as I am slowly taken over by darkness. 

     Sorry for the extremely short chapter, I wanted to give you all an update as I have been completely swamped by work and I was given a small break this week. So thank you for reading my book and I love all of you!