Part 10

It's been a year since Ben and I became the King and Queen and things have never been so peaceful. "Athena dear, when are you going to give us a grandchild?" Paisley asks as we sit at the table with Ben's family. "Well that is what we wanted to speak with you about mother. Athena is pregnant with our first baby. She is only three months along so we still have about six months left before she is due." Ben states with a smile.

Cheers are heard throughout the room as the room hears of the news of a possible heir to the throne. "Well I guess we might as well add to the news, Jessa and I are also having our own baby." Jackson grins looking into his mate's eyes. "Well it's good timing as it has been a year since you all came to power, I'll send a messenger to the elders with word of the pregnancies." Drake states with pride. 

---

I'm around seven months pregnant now. "Athena, you're glowing!" Margret exclaims. "Let's check on those babies." she chuckles. That's right i'm having twins. As all royals we have no idea as to the gender of the babies. I watch as Margret pokes around at the bump. "So any worries?" she asks helping me sit up on the table. "How long do you think I have until i go into labor?" I ask nervously. "I believe you will get up into at least your eighth month if not full term." she states confidently.  

We both turn to the door to see Ben looking nervously around, "Ben, what's wrong. You look like you've seen a ghost!" Margret states. "The European King and Queen werewolves are coming for a visit in two months. They said they'd like to make a peace treaty." He whispers. "That's amazing news! We have been fighting them since they came into power, but what is the cost of the treaty?" Paisley asks sitting next to Margret and I. "If we have a daughter, they want our daughter and their son to marry or vise versa. They're expecting as well. " I sigh. 

Looking to Ben I see him watching me carefully. "I have to go to the last pack today, I should be back before nightfall." Ben states looking away from my gaze. "I'm coming with you." I state as he turns to leave the room. "Athena, you are too far along in the pregnancy to go, if something happened to you and the babies I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. This is the safest place for you to be." Ben says before giving me a quick kiss and leaving the room. 

Sighing I climb down from the table I rested on, well I guess I'm stuck here now. "Athena, why don't you come with us to make dinner?" Margret asks with a soft smile. "I'd love too." I reply before following them to the kitchen. "Jessa, you look beautiful in that dress." I grin "As do you, my Queen." she replies with a small curtsy. "Jessa I said you didn't have to." I giggle. "Well, you're going to have to get used to this type of thing since the King and Queen of England are coming to visit soon." Paisley replied with a small grin. 

Wondering around the castle I feel a sharp pain across my stomach where my baby rests. "My Queen, are you injured?" a young guard asks stopping me from collapsing to the ground. "Get the King and a doctor now!" the guard yells as my pains begin to worsen. 

------

Two hours later I wake up in the infirmary with Ben by my side. "My stomach hurts." I whimper squeezing his hand. "I know, the babies are coming. Aunt Margret thinks we misjudged the timing of the pregnancy. Once the babies are born we will find out." Ben sighs kissing my forehead as another contraction rips through my body.

Slowly the time comes for the babies to come. "Okay, I'm going to need you to push as hard as you can to get these babies out." Margret states as Ben holds my hand. I push as hard as I can multiple times until I hear m baby's cry. "It's a boy!" Margret exclaims wrapping the baby up in a blue blanket. 

After placing my baby boy in a crib like bed, Margret returns to help deliver the second baby. "Alright, this is the last round, push as hard as you can." I push three times before I hear the cries of my second child. "It's a girl!" Margret exclaims as tears rush down my cheeks. 

As I rest holding my daughter, I look to see Ben smiling down with pride at his newborn son. "Thank you, Athena. Two years ago I couldn't even see myself as a mate but now, I have the most amazing mate in the world, I'm a King, and I have a son and daughter." Ben states looking down at me with amazement. 

After a week, Ben and I chose two names for our children. Our son we named Liam Paine Kingston and our daughter, Bethany Elizabeth Kingston. 

A/N

I'm still coming up with a plot but it needs twins for this so once I get it figured out completely I will be adding it into the story. Also I'd love to hear some ideas on how to make this more interesting for all of you so send me a message or leave a comment please and thank you!