Chapter 5

The moment the bathroom door closes I let out a breathe I wasn't holding in.

My mate seems nice but I should know better than anyone that first impressions can be very deceiving.

The bathroom I am in is beyond amazing! The walls and floors are covered with black tiles, made brighter by the spotlight style lights used to illuminate the room. The bath is a massive white stand alone bath which looks like it could fit 4 or 5 people.

I throw off the grubby t-shirt I was wearing and gingerly step into the warm water. It stings a little around my wound but other than that the feeling is pure bliss.

I haven't been able to clean myself properly in a year. I have hated it the whole time but beggars can't be choosers.

I waste no time scrubbing the dirt off my body using a soap that smells ridiculously expensive. It also smells like Blaze, totally mouthwat.... WHAT NO! I need to get rid of these thoughts. I've only just met the man for goddess sake!

Once I have scrubbed my hair clean I step out of the bath and wrap myself in one of the fluffy white towels that has been left for me.

I shudder once I look at the water. It's black with the filth I had in my body.

The look on ricks face earlier when he had just had a shower was one I won't forget for a while. He looked so happy to finally be clean. To be honest the lack of filth made him look like a completely different child!

Then the food... God! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The act I have a full stomach after so long is amazing but then the food itself was something else! I may not trust my mate but he can definitely cook.

Once I'm dried off I slip the t-shirt I was given on along with the boxers I was given. The shirt itself falls down to my knees so it's safe to say everything is hidden.

I approach the large mirror over the double sinks and take note of my appearance. I'm much thinner than I was the last time I saw myself but thankfully I've still retained most of my muscles. My auburn hair comes to the top of my arms, slightly curling at the ends as it dries. My face and arms are still covered with tiny freckles and it's safe to say I still have all of my piercings. None of them have fallen out. I've always been a fan of piercings. I have 3 lobe piercings in each ear then a tragus, helix and a rook.

I slowly make my way into the room, trying to ignore the pain in my side. The room itself is breathtaking. There is a monochrome theme accompanied with dark mahogany furniture. The bed is in the middle of the room. The king size bed has a canopy of sheer black material and the bed is made with black and white sheets. At the end of the bed is a black day lounger, and on the day lounger is my mate.

"Wow" he breathes.

"What?" I glare at him, feeling uncomfortable with the way he is watching me.

"You look amazing. I didn't know you were a piercing fan" he motions to my ears.

"That's because you don't know me" I snap.

I look of hurt flashes across his before quickly being hidden. I can't seem to help the feeling of guilt this brings. What the hell is wrong with me!

"Erm, so where am I sleeping?" I say more softly.

"In here"

"And where are you sleeping?"

"In here" he looks at me like I'm stupid

"I don't think so!"

"Well we are mates. For most mates they would have already marked each other" my eyes widen in alarm.

"NO, NO, NO! THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT! I'm just saying it's normal" he finishes quickly.

I try my best to look intimidating but the pain in my side causes me to lean a bit to one side. What happens next shocks me. Blaze starts laughing at me!

"Can I ask what's so amusing" I bite out

"It's just your face says Valkyrie, but your body says, stroppy toddler" he says between laughs.

Did he just call me a stroppy toddler! I must say that's a first. I don't know why but I find myself trying to force the slight smile off my face.

"And to think I was going to suggest we sleep in the same bed together" I say mindlessly.

The laughter is silenced immediately as a serious expressions forms on blazes face.

"You we..."

"But oh well. I'm tired now. You can sleep on the sofa. Also you even think of touching me whilst I'm asleep and i will show you how quickly I can rip a man throat out". I cut him off.

I walk over to the bed before sliding beneath the covers. It's feels amazing to be in a bed after so long. I kind of like the fact it smells like Blaze as well but I will never admit that. To anyone!

"Don't worry my little Valkyrie, I won't do anything, I know you won't be able to resist all this, you'll be begging for it soon"  he winks.

I can't help the laugh that escapes me.

"In your dreams!" I snap.

"Probably" he smirks

At that he walks into the walk in wardrobe. When he returns he is only wearing a pair of boxers. I notice something shining in the light. HE HAS HIS NIPPLES PIERCED! That's a big thumbs up for me. Oh Goddess.

"By the looks of things I'll be in yours as well" he smirks.

Turning quickly I bury my heads in the covers and allow sleep to take over.

I better get control of this mate bond soon. For everyone's sake.