Chapter 13

Let's just say after our little shopping expedition I was exhausted. I swear I never want to see another shop again or her another teenage girl complain about her daddy getting her the wrong colour iPhone. I mean I thought that was just in movies but trust me, that shit is real.

Rick absolutely loved his new clothes. Only boosted by the fact Blaze picked most of them out for him. It may sound childish but I have been replaced as favourite and I'm not sure if I like it.

"You hoo, earth to Ash. Did you hear what I just said?" I turn to see Blaze staring at me with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Sorry, what?"

"You need to get ready, I'm taking you in our date in a hour"

Shit. I thought he had forgotten about that. I mean it's nearly been a week since it happened.  I thought guys forget about stuff like that easily?

I need to stop basing my knowledge of men on those weird chick flicks Holly has been making me watch.

"What about Rick?" I ask thinking of an excuse.

"Seriously! Are you making this your catchphrase because if you want a catch phrase can it be something like, kiss me Blaze or your so hot Blaze"

I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Fine. Holly is watching him, I have it all sorted. Now go get dressed. Something casual!" He shouts as I walk away.

Right casual. Think casual. Whatever the hell that means. I never got taught this fashion lingo. Fuck it. I'm wearing what I want.

Looking through my clothes that now hang in half of Blazes walk in wardrobe I pick out some black jeans and a cold shoulder black t-shirt. Throwing the outfit on I pair it with my black vans and let my hair loose. I don't bother with makeup. I don't know what I'm doing anyway so I'd just make a mess of my face.

Just then the door opens to reveal Rick standing there with his "scary" look.

"Ash, we need to talk"

"Why of course baby boy, what would you like to talk about?"

"We have been living with Blaze for a long time and he is always nice to us, not like the people before, but do you like him or are we going to leave?" His eyes fall as he asks the last bit.

"Oh baby boy, come here" I wave him over to sit next to me on the end of the bed.

"We aren't going to leave and I don't know how I feel about Blaze, things are.... complicated after everything. Do you want me to stay with Blaze"

"I think I do. We are like a proper family now. A strange family, but a family. I've always wanted to have a family" he smiles

"Then let's keep it" I smile back before squeezing him in a hug.

"Oh and Holly is here"

~

After leaving Rick and Holly, Blaze and I jumped into his car and we have been driving for about twenty minutes. Now patience was not a virtue I have been blessed with.

"Blaze, are we there yet?"

"In a few minutes ash"

"Are we there yet?"

"What did I just say?"

"What about now?"

"No"

"Now?"

"No"