Chapter 16

WHY NOW! OF ALL THE FUCKING TIMES HE COULD HAVE CHOSEN TO CALL US, HE CHOOSES NOW!

Wanker.

I solemnly trudge over to Lucians office. I managed a quick mind link to Martha asking her to watch over rick as we both Blaze and Myself had to attend to pack business. He will be fine. I mean she just brought out the cookies.

I on the other hand... not so much.

It feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest and shredded into tiny pieces before being thrown back into my body and then the whole process is repeated over and over again in an endless cycle of shit.

I'm doing it for Blazes own good. The way Martha talked about him wanting a family and the way Blaze himself talked about looking after the children of the pack; I can't deny him that. It wouldn't be right.

Fucking hell! Only now that I have to lose him do I realise I love him!

Stupid, stupid Astra. Why do you have to be so emotionally incapable!

It's only now that I realise my feet have carried me to jut outside Lucians office. I can feel Blazes presents on the other side of the door. Like some strange invisible connection, and I'm going to have to severe it.

Pushing the door open I enter the room. Lucien lifts his head up to acknowledge me, but Blaze, his muscles tense indicating he is fully aware of me being here but other than that he makes no sign of acknowledgement. He already hates me.

"Finally your both here" Lucians voice snaps me back to reality, his all business tone indicating he won't be taking any shit.

"The mutt that attacked my sister was no rogue, he belonged to a pack"

Thank you moon Goddess, any other ways to make my day better?

"I have yet to identify the pack, but my ear trackers are already in the case and we should have an answer within the next few days. I hope you both realise that when we do find this pack there will be dire consequences, this attack regardless in who it was on is an act of war, the fact it was on my sister makes things personal"

Lucians eyes start to turn black as he speaks. I will have to come clean to him sooner or later but looking st the state he is in later is definitely the better option.

"In the meantime, Blaze, you will be in charge of the weaker persons within the pack, I want all of the young children and females fully capable of defending themselves if necessary as well as having them fully aware of the evacuation routine and emergency first aid"

His attention turns to me.

"Astra, due to your reputation as a heartless bitch"

Blaze starts growling next to me. The noise causing both comfort and pain if that is even possible.

"You will be in charge if warrior training. I want all of them up to your standard as soon as possible"

"As you wish Lucian" I reply.

Both Blaze and I turn to leave and carry out our tasks. Or in my case catch Blaze and reject him before he has the chance to run away from we once again.

"Astra you need to wait a moment please"

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!

As Blaze leaves the room I see my chance of rejecting him disappear as well. I wanted to do this like ripping of a plaster. Quick, a sudden sharp pain but then your done. Instead it's like slowly peeling off a wax strip. Slow, painful and just plain messy.