Chapter 15

What the hell is that?

The sudden weight disappears only to return ten times as hard. I wake up gasping for air as the weight pretty much crushes my lungs.

My pained gasp instantly wakes Blaze who has gone from dead to the world to wide awake growling with teeth bared.

"God your like ash in the morning, I thought you were fun" Rick sulks.

"Little man are you trying to scare us, and why are you trying to crush your sister" Blaze tries to act serious but I can see the grin he is fighting back.

Speaking of crushing someone's sister why is Rick still on me?

I clear my throat grasping the attention of everyone. Once they have focused on me I gesture down to where Rick is still sat in my chest and Blaze still has his hand resting over me.

"Sorry" they say in unison as they remove themselves from me.

"Finally I can breathe" I gasp sitting up in the bed.

"Rick what are you doing in here?"

"I got bored of waiting it's nearly 11 o'clock and you were both still sleeping"

Shit! I didn't think it was that late we are supposed to be meeting Blazes mum. What will she think of me if we are late?

I move to get up quickly leaving behind two very grumpy looking boys. I don't know whether i should be happy or pissed off at the fact Rick has adopted Blazes grumpy face or vice versa I can't really tell anymore.

"Ash, why do you have a bite mark in your neck"

"Well little man, you see, when two mates find each other they have a special...."

"I'll tell you later rick we need to get ready now" I throw a glare at Blaze. If he continues his story I don't know where it will stop.

"Ok ash" Rick says running out of the room to get ready.

"Honestly I don't know what I've done" Blaze  tries to fake innocents whilst giving me a roguish grin.

"Yes you do now get ready"

~

It took us half an hour to get ready and funnily enough I was the one ready first! Take that stereotypes.

I decided to wear a bright blue summer dress with some Mediterranean style patterns in red and a slightly lighter blue along the bottom. I have paired it with some brown gladiator sandals and very light make up leaving my hair loose.

That's the kind of thing you wear to meet someone's mother right?

As we get closer I can't help but feel nervous. I know that I must seriously care for Blaze if I care so much about what his mother thinks. What if she doesn't like me? What if I'm not good enough for her son? What if she doesn't approve of Blaze looking after both rick and myself?

"Hey calm down Ash. I can feel your nerves through the mate bond. Everything's going to be fine"

He's right. Calme down Astra, you need to pull your shit together.

I finally take note of the world around us as Blazes stops the car at his mums house.

Wait a minute, I recognise this place...

Blaze opens the door for me and offers me his hand which I happily accept. We make our way over to the door with Rick following closely behind us.