Chapter 25

"LUCIAN!"

The door handle pierces the wall from where I have slammed it against the wall.

"Astra, you need to calm down, remember who I am"

His voice is calm as he speaks to me, the look of pity in his eyes only just visible. Do I really look that pathetic?

"You must have found something about where they are by now" I try and hold back my snarl

"No not yet but I have a scouting party heading out around now"

"I'm going with them" I snap

"Astra you need to calm down, it's not safe"

I take a deep breathe to stop me from doing something I shouldn't.

"With the greatest respect Alpha we are both aware what I am capable of. This has gone on for too long now. I didn't react when I should and now he is threatening my mate. Enough is enough. I'm going. "

"As you wish but I'm not dealing with Blaze"

"Fair enough"

At that I turn and storm out of the office. I have a monster to find.

~

The trackers are gathered awaiting my arrival. As the highest ranking pack member I am in charge of this expedition.

"Right listen up!"

The small crowd of black figures turn to face me. Each tracker wears their camouflage uniform. Mud smeared across there face to hide them from sight.

"As you all know the warning we were sent must have left a blood trail and that trail must start somewhere"

"Our job is to find the source. I repeat do not engage the enemy. Not until we know what we are going to deal with. I don't want anyone taking any unneeded risks"

"YES BETA"

As we move out I feel two presences position themselves either side of me. Quickly flicking my eyes either side I feel slightly comforted by the bright red hair surrounding me.

"What crawled up your butt and died them ash?" Aaron starts to joke.

I turn to him with my eyes brows raised in my typical don't fuck with me look.

"Don't be a dick Aaron, you would be having a breakdown if you were in her position" Sasha snarls.

I turn to my now favourite furry red head and smile at her.

"I can't believe you've turned my own sister against me now" Aaron grumbles.

"You're only pissed that she an now fight better than you. Even if her warrior status isn't recognised by the pack yet" I smirk.

Before Aaron can make another sarcastic comment I am mind linked by one of the best trackers further ahead.

We've picked up a scent beta the main hub isn't far away

Hold your positions I coming.

Once I have caught up with the rest of the trackers I notice they have all stopped just outside a small clearing.

As I venture closer my worst nightmares are confirmed. There must be about 50 of the top warriors positioned in this one camp all armed to te top degree.

But what has really caught my attention is the tent in the middle. That could belong to no other than the Alpha.

My skin itches as the need to take my revenge for all those years of suffering becomes almost too much to bear. The man that cause me so much pain and misery is standing there in front of me.

Just as we turn to leave, satisfied with the information we have gathered there is movement from the main tent.

His greying black hair and demonic eyes are the first thing I notice. The bastard. I want his blood. Just then something else emerges from the tent.

You an feel the anger flow through all the wolves present as a bloodied and bruised Holly is pulled out of the tent behind him.

"Look what we have here men, a little motivation for that pathetic Alpha" his raspy voice makes my skin crawl.

Although I hate what is about to be done I know I have to do it.

We can't help her now, we need...

Before I can finish my command Sasha had taken off running in the direction of Holly. The need to protect her friend is strong but the recklessness is going to get her killed.

"Fuck" Aaron growls.

Sasha hasn't made it very far before a much larger wolf jumps at her going for her neck.

Without thinking I push myself from my hiding spot catching her attacker mid air and ripping out his throats in one clean movement.

Blood splatters all around be drawing even more attention to where I'm placed.

"Shift and move!" I scream at a startled Sasha.

More wolves are now making there way for us. The small hacking and being easy prey.

I watch as one by one the group shifts and sprints back for pack territory. When I'm the last left I try everything to get my body to shift but it won't work. Something is blocking it.

Ash where the fuck are you?

Aaron sounds panicked.

I can't shift Aaron, something's wrong.

I run as fast as my legs will carry me. My enhanced speed in human form means I can only just keep ahead of the other wolves but there is no way I can outrun them in their shifted form.

Fuck ash! When you see my jump on my back and don't fucking argue with me on this one.

I don't have time to argue. The wolves behind are getting closer.

I spot the orange wolf slightly ahead of me. Pushing my body further than I thought possible I launch myself at Aaron only just landing on his back before we take off into the forest.

Alpha, they have Holly.