Chapter 20

I wake up slowly to the feeling of someone nuzzling at my neck. The breathe against my mark sending tingles down my body.

I slowly open my eyes to see Blazes own face only a hairs width away from me.

"Morning ash" he smiles down at me before placing a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"Morning" I mumble, stretching out my limbs and enjoying the pleasant ache, a sign of last night.

"We need to go meet Lucian" I grumble before getting out of bed.

The cold air hits my body covering it with goosebumps. Only now do I remember that I am completely naked. A blush spreads across my face as I try and cover my exposed body.

"It's a bit late for that ash, I've already seen everything" he says with a seductive voice.

I feel the heat of his chest behind me as he grabs my bum and kisses my neck. I choke down my moan threatening to escape my mouth long enough to bat my smirking mate away.

"Stop, we need to see the Alpha" I giggle.

I can't believe that I can be like this with my mate. Even now I'm shocked that my tough persona can so easily disappear when I'm alone with my family.

"Ok but we'll continue this later" blaze grumbles

"Yes sir" I mock before disappearing into the walk in wardrobe.

Ten minutes later I emerge from the wardrobe dressed in the packs official war uniform. Black combat trouser, a tight black top and black combat boots.

Blaze is wearing the same and damn does that wolf look fine!

"Ash stop looking at me like that or we won't make it to the Alphas office for the next week" blaze smirks his voice snapping me out of my trance.

"Oh get over yourself" I roll my eyes.

"Oh I know you love it, you screamed it enough last night" he smirks before I quickly storm out the room.

~

As Blaze and I walk into the Lucians office hand in hand his head snaps up immediately. Slowly Lucian sniffs the air before looking at both of us with a dead expression.

"Congratulations" he nods "now about last night"

I take a deep breathe before taking a nervous step forwards to explain everything. Blaze gives my hand a small squeeze before I start to speak.

"The pack that attacked us last night was my old pack Negrum Mortem"

"And why are they so interested in you?" Lucian questions with a raise eyebrow.

I take a deep breathe. I haven't even told Blaze the whole truth but I have to now. Even if it ruins what I have just found I need to protect the pack.

"My full name is Astra Mortem, my... my father is the Alpha of Negrum Mortem. He's been trying to find myself and Rick for the last year since we ran. If we had stayed we would both be dead"

I lower my head to the floor not wanting to look at their reactions to the act my family are the monsters of the werewolf world. Everyone knows about Alpha Mortem, and Alpha that kills children for fun and I can promise that those are not just rumours.

"Then why did you kill the she wolf earlier, was it to try and protect the other packs secrets" Lucian growls at me, the accusation clear in his tone.

Blaze steps up behind me wrapping his arm around me in a protective way whilst growling lowly. I run my hands over his bear arms in an attempt to calm him down.

"A blood bond. Mortem got involved in some messed up shit in order to prove that females were the lower species. I don't know exactly how it works but any she wolf related to him he can track"

"Then does that mean he can track you?" Lucian is still hesitant.

"Umm.... no Alpha. He can't track the she wolf if she dies or if she is umm... mated" I try and hide my embarrassment.

"But he knows where I am now Alpha. He will be coming, he doesn't care about Rick as much but with me it is a revenge thing. He won't let it go"

"Why is it personal?" Lucians eyebrows raise.

I can tell Blaze wants the answer as well by the way he has tensed around me.

"As the first born I was meant to be Alpha but he wanted to control me, he wanted me to mate with his number two but I refused. After years in the fighting pits I stilled had my dignity. To teach me a lesson he tried to make it so I couldn't have pups and the pack would reject me. I think he was successful, but that was the day we escaped and the day he lost his eye"

"Thank You Astra. Double the training for all age groups, I want the head warriors all up to standard and we need to contact surrounding packs. You may leave"

At that Blaze and I bow our heads before leaving the room.

The second the door closes my back stiffens as I wait for the questions I know Blaze wants to ask; but they never come.

After what seems like hours of silence I finally turn around to face Blaze who is watching me thoughtfully. His eyes find mine and I'm instantly comforted by his love filled gaze, especially as there is no sign of judgement in them.

"Aren't you angry? Aren't you going to ask me about it?"

"Ash I've known your whole background for a long time" I raise my eyebrows questioningly "Rick told me"

I shake my head, I should of known he couldn't have kept it a secret.

"But I do have one question, did you only mate with me to stop the blood bond?" His eyes fill with sorrow and regret.

"Of course not! I mated with you because I wanted to not for any other reason. I love you Blaze and I wanted to do it"

His arms wrap around me and pull me close into his chest as he moves his head into my neck inhaling deeply.

"I love you too ash. Now let's go get Rick and my mum, I don't want them on their own after last night"

"Agreed"