He's a Senior and I'm the Freshman Chapter 42

I kissed him passionately before pulling away to look into his eyes. When Tyler didn’t look back at me I rolled off of him and sat up.

“What?” I asked quietly.

“Love is a strong word,” he said staring at the ceiling.

“I know…I have strong feelings for you. I care a lot about you. Like you do about me…”

“Ryan, I do care about you and I do want our relationship to last but…love?”

I nodded me head. “Too fast, too soon, I get it.”

Tyler looked at me and smiled.

“I think you should go now,” I said getting out of bed.

“Why?”

“Do I have to say it?” I asked my voice cracked a little.

“I’m not going to lie to you, Ryan.”

“I know that, but I still think it’s time for you to go.”

“Why? We’re still together. Not saying I love you and saying I love you doesn’t change the fact that I want to be with you and no one else.”

I looked at him and smiled. “Promise?”

“Yes,” he said pulling me into bed again.

We smiled at each other and he kissed me once again.

*******

“So, prom is next week,” Tyler said as we slashed around the pool for a while.

“I thought you’d never ask,” I said swimming over to him.

“Is that a yes?”

“Yup,” I said kissing him.

He smiled. “I have good news on top of that too. I got into Yale and they’re offering a scholarship. I’m thinking about going.”

“Yale? Can you go somewhere closer?”

“I’m not going to sacrifice my future for a high school relationship that might not last.”

As much as it hurt to hear, he was right. I sighed and nodded. “Okay…I’m happy for you. Really I am.”

“I know and I know it’s hard on you.”

“You have no idea,” I said hugging me. Tyler hugged me back as Chelsea came outside.  “Dad called, he said he’s coming in twenty minutes.”

“Okay,” I said pealing myself off of Tyler.

I got out of the pool and got ready for my dad. He had called a few days ago saying that he some news for us.