He's a Senior and I'm the Freshman Chapter 43

“There they are!” my dad said as we got into his car. I took the back seat since Chelsea called shot gun. Our dad drove us to Olive Garden’s and we were seat, almost right away. After we ordered our dad asked us about school and what not.

“Dad, what’s the big news?” Chelsea finally asked.

He sighed and played with his thumbs. “As you know, your mother and I have been divorced for several years and I think it’s time that I’ve moved on. So, I meet a woman, about three years ago. Her name is, Julia. We’ve been dating for a while and two weeks ago, I asked her to marry me.”

“You’re getting married?” I asked.

“Yes, in August.”

“Congratulations!” Chelsea said as I grinned.

“Yeah dad, we’re happy for you.”

“Really?” he sighed. “Thank goodness. I was worried you would be upset.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Yeah, dad, we understand. Everyone deserves to be happy.”

“Thank you. I want you to meet her,” Dad said as our food came.

“Whenever you want us too,” Chelsea said.

“After graduation?”

“Sure,” we said smiling.

After lunch Dad dropped us back home and I went over to Tyler’s house.

His mom let me in and led me down stairs to the basement, where he practices dancing.

He was in the middle of a routine when I walked in. “Hey,” I said joining him.

“How was your dad?” he asked turning off the music.

“He’s good, he’s getting married.”

“And you’re O.K with that?”

“Yes, everyone deserves to be happy.”

“True, so what’s up?”

“I’ve been thinking and lately you’ve been pushing me away and it’s adding up in my head. You wanted me, remember?”

“I know,” he said sighing. “I’m just…I don’t know.”

“Scared?”

Tyler looked at me and nodded his head, “A little.”

“That’s okay, I’m scared too. I don’t want you to leave and I’m not sure what’s going to happen, but…we’ll work it out.”

“Hopefully,” he said as I sat in his lap.

I kissed his cheek and smiled. “Stop pushing me away and talk to me.”

“Deal,” he said hugging me.

“Ew, you smell,” I said trying to escape.

“You will not escape!” he said as he stood up. I was in his arms, bridal style and he spun me around a couple of times. I giggled and begged him to put me down. He finally put me down on the floor and began to waltz with me. Since I can’t dance, much, he let me stand on his feet and we danced together.

“We need to practice for prom,” he said chuckling.

“Your mom needs to practice…” I muttered.

“Does someone need another spin around?”

“Nope!” I said running upstairs.

Tyler ran after me and caught me half way to my house. He lifted me up and threw me into my pool. I flipped him off once I resurfaced and he joined me shortly after.