The first night

Lexi's P.O.V

I couldn't get to my feet quick enough. I couldn't get far away enough. I couldn't help but scream out. My breath hitched in my throat and I could barely breathe. Tears welled up. I'm not sure if from fear, or sadness for whomever was dead under that bed. Her eyes were wide open. Her mouth into a scream, but she had no tongue. She obviously was pale, but she looked drained. As if blood had never passed through her veins a day in her short lived life. I could barely stand, but the only thing keeping me up was the thought that I may need to run.

"WHAT? WHATS WRONG DID YOU SEE A BUG OR SOMETHING?" Jeff yelled. His voice bounces off the walls and straight to my chest.

  I couldn't speak. So I just keep my eyes under the bed, as if I never heard him. You really can't help but hear him though.

"Oh." I heard him say, so nonchalant as if it was nothing. "Her....did she scare you?"

Now I was looking at him like he was insane. Which he probably gets a lot of. He walked over and got on his knees, and dragged the body across the room.

"Watch your feet."

He said before dragging her in front of me as she was nothing. Like she wasn't a person. I wanted to ask who it was but, once again, I was in shock. He opens his closet door and puts her in. It was a walk in closet so I just heard a bunch of bumping and him mumble some profanities under his breath before walking out.

"Sorry about that. Come back over."

"N-no."

"Oh shut up you pansy I'm not gonna kill you, I currently have no reason to."

He does this thing with his voice. It alternates between terrifying, when it's loud and it makes your skull rattle, and annoyed. Where you kinda just know to stop what you're doing and listen before it becomes terrifying. Even with the scars and cuts, I can still see the facial expressions. His nose scrunches up, and he moves his arms a bit more then an average annoyed person would. He'll run his fingers through his dark hair and sigh. He's so normal. But abnormal.

I slowly make my way back to the pallet on the floor and get comfortable, as comfortable as I could get at the moment anyway, and try going to sleep.

I hear another one of his famous "ohs" and sit up.

"I forgot to turn the light off."

This boy I swear. He walks over to the wall while scratching his hand and hits the lights. It was pitch black. As dark as darkness can get. I hate the dark. I hear his footsteps walks past me and I hear him get in bed.

"Night."

About 30 minutes go by and I'm just laying there. I thought maybe my eyes would adjust, but they haven't. The darkness was the most unsettling thing about the entire night. Not even a tiny glimmer of moon light came from the window. That's how deep in the wilderness we were. Maybe he's asleep. Maybe I could sneak back. I'm good with navigation and stars, I could find my way back.

"Are you asleep yet?"

His voice suddenly cutting through the silence like that made me gasp. It wasn't loud or mean. Just surprising. Sounded...like he cared.

"Not yet"

"But it's been awhile"

"Its really dark in here."

I heard him shift in his bed.

"You're scared of the dark?" Theres that annoyed voice again.

I didn't say anything back. I heard him move and I heard his footsteps in front of me. But going farther away not, closer. I heard him fumble on the wall. To be honest I think he made it louder then it should have been on purpose. I saw a light illuminate across from me, on the other side of the room.

"You....have a night light?"

"Its for those nights where I do I lot of thinking, and the dark just feels empty...so I have this."

"Oh..."

He kinda just stood there looking at it. With so much interest. Like a little kid watching a lava lamp.

"Do you have one?"

"You were in my room..."

"Excuse me honey, if I wasn't paying that much attention to your night light."

His smart ass will get him slapped one day just watch.

".....mine changed colors"

"cool...mine doesn't so."

He walked back to his bed and I watched him crawl in. He sighed but not out of annoyance, but of relieve.

".....Go to sleep okay? It isn't good not sleeping. Ain't healthy....Night."

After that I was out in about 10 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii guys. Next chapter the story will be heating up I promise. Tehe I'm getting reads! It's so insane omghkffyiudg thank you all so much. I love you. hugs and kisses darlings