I didn't mean it..

Jack's P.O.V

I was just chilling on the edge of the woods waiting for lex to come out of the place called "Wal-Mart", some high end store she said had everything. Slendy gave her a thousand but she said it was too much. Too much? Aren't humans all about money? People I remember growing up with were. I sighed as the next person walking out wasn't her.

"Hey Mr.?" I heard a small voice say from the right side of me. I didn't even hear him walk up.

"Hey kid."

"Why are you wearing a mask?"

I don't look too horrific really. I didn't fuck up my own face, it was an accident. Yes, the holes in my eyes have nothing but darkness in them no matter how hard you look. But. Since I'm talking to a child, he has a vivid imagination. I don't usual talk to kids but I was bored.

"To cover my face why else." More of a statement then a question. Didn't say it mean, just as in obvious reason as why I was wearing a mask.

"But it's not Halloween."

"It doesn't have to Halloween for you to be scary buddy."

He walked closer to me. Looking up at me. Him being like 6 or 7, there was quite a height difference to the point where I had to look down at him.

"My name's Jack." He smiled.

"No way mine too."

"YOU'RE KIDDING ME."

"Shhhhhh." I honestly do not need attention towards me.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Red." Obviously.

"Meeee toooo!"

This kids cute.

"We have a lot in common don't we."

"Can you be my friend?"

"Course squirt." I bent down and ruffled his hair.

It was then a worried sounding mother called his name, (Or our name if you will.) causing both of us to look up.

"That's my mommy. Will I see you again?"

What was I suppose to say. Those chances were so slim. A million to one. But the hope in his eyes. He had green eyes. Brown hair. And a batman shirt. Who's that sound like?

"Just. Whenever you're in trouble little bud. I'll be there to help okay?"

His smile made me smile under my mask.

"Bye Jack see ya later!"

As he ran off I heard his mom yell at him for running off and scaring her, and hugging him so tightly. This kid was loved.

"So you do have a heart."

I turned around and saw a smiling Lexi standing behind me with a bunch of bags.

"How much did you see."

"Your favorite colors red? Seriously." She said while huffing but she kept that smile.

"What was I suppose to lie? You'd look good in red yourself."

"Don't."

What? Yeah she's my best friends girlfriend. But hey. Pretty girls are my favorite.

Lexi's P.O.V

We were walking back. Us both struggling with bags. Jack bombarding with questions of what I bought.

"What's iced coffee?"

"You'll love it."

"What's pop tarts?"