Chapter Sixteen

Optimus Prime and his team drove around Detroit, still searching for Prowl and Sharp. It had been megacycles since they left base and split up. All bots had the same thing to report, there was no sign of their comrades in the city.

"Where in blazes are they hiding?!", a frustrated Ratchet growled.

"We've looked around the whole city! They're not at the park, they're not at Sumdac Tower, they're no where to be found!", Bumblebee cried.

"They have to be somewhere.", Optimus said, his optics still scanning the area, "Prowl wouldn't completely abandon us into a place we didn't know about. Especially with a youngling such as Sharp."

"That's it!", Bulkhead cried. All bots turned their attention towards him.

"Prowl may not be in the city, but perhaps he's somewhere else where we can find him!"

All the bots looked at each other. It did make sense, but what places would Prowl take Sharp? And why?

"Where should we start looking?", Optimus questioned the big green bot.

***

Sharp kept looking in all directions as both bots walked through the island. Prowl walked a few paces in front of her, humming once in a while. Sharp was confused by the bots action to take her to this island. What was on the island? So far, Sharp had only seen animals in which she had already scanned and transformed into.

The smaller bot let out a sigh. It had been megacycles since they left the city, the bigger bot never really mentioning why, and she was getting a bit bored of walking.

Prowl chuckled, making Sharp perk her ears.

"Don't worry, it shouldn't be much longer until you meet some of my . . . friends.", He said, looking behind him to see the purple bot. Sharp nodded in understanding. Prowl faced forward once more and Sharp looked down at the ground, watching it pass as she walked. Suddenly, she stopped, her ears perked. Prowl stopped and turned around.

"Sharp?", He said. She didn't budge. Her optics were focused on their surroundings, as if something laid just beyond the trees and bushes on the island. Her ears twitched, as if trying to catch the faintest of sounds. Prowl understood why she had stopped once he too, heard leaves rustling.

Emerging from the bushes and trees came three bots Sharp had never seen before. All of them had grey, red, and golden plating with blue optics, but they had a different alt mode. The largest of them, a bot with two stubby arms, looked down at her.

"Good morning, Grimlock.", Prowl greeted, carefully observing the interaction between the two bots. Grimlock seemed to have ignored the greeting and was more intrigued on the smaller bot in front of him.

Prowl watched as Grimlock tilted his head to one side. Sharp mimicked the action. In that moment, whatever Grimlock did, Sharp followed.

Grimlock raised his head back up.
"What bot are you?", He questioned, looking down upon the smaller bot.

Prowl walked closer to the two bots, "This is Sharp, she is an AniFormer.", he explained, gesturing to the bot next to him. Grimlock was still puzzled.

"What she do?", the large dinobot questioned.

The small purple bot jumped into the air, outstretched her sharp digits for a moment and then curled up into a ball. All bots had their optics on her, watching as the bot took on a different form. In just moments, the youngling landed back on solid form with a loud thud.

In front of Grimlock now stood a mirror image of him, with the exception of the purple plates of armor where his red ones were. The dinobot was quiet surprised with this bot.

"Impressive.", Prowl said. He wasn't expecting the youngling to take on the form of the dinobot.

Sharp inspected the new form she had taken. She looked at the long tail she now had and observed the stubby arms. She looked back at Grimlock, her head tilting at the other bot. What could she do in this new form? It didn't seem to do much except seem large and terrifying.

Grimlock hummed then turned towards some trees. Sharp watched as the dinobot inhaled deeply and then exhaled, flames bursting from his mouth now and scorching the trees. Sharp was surprised, this was not a skill she was expecting to have after scanning the other bots form, but it seemed more useful than the tiny arms she had acquired.

Sharp turned back to the black and gold bot. He seemed horrified at what the other bot had just done. Perhaps setting trees aflame was not the best idea. Sharp looked around for something else to set on fire, something that would not be able to be set aflame so easily. Sharp spotted a nice large boulder with no trees or foliage near it.

Sharp concentrated on the boulder, taking in a deep breath. Slowly, she felt something warm inside her, starting in her chest of the dinobot form. She waited and felt the warmth travel towards her mouthplate. Once the flame felt a little too hot in her mouth, she opened her mouth and watched as flames burst out and, too her surprise, scorched the boulder.

Prowl watched in amazement as the boulder that was once and earthly brown, now was practically a coal. Once Sharp had closed her mouth to prevent any more flames, she looked pleased with herself. Sharp then turned around, wagging her tail with a look of, "What next?!".

Grimlock was excited as well, letting out a triumphant roar, "Again, again!", he said.

"I think that's enough fun for one day.", a grumpy voice called.

All the bots turned to see the rest of the team, who all seemed to have upset faceplates. Sharp and Prowl heard a small growl coming from Grimlock before he shouted, "INTRUDERS!"