Chapter 16

Sorry it took so long to update!

__________________________________

Today is the day that Paisley heads on her backpack trip, so I am now driving to the airport with James to meet my mother and dad. "So is Paisley coming to stay with us?" James asks from the back seat. "Yeah, once she is finished going to the other places she has planned with her friends" I answer as I park the car. "Hurry, we gotta meet up with everyone before she has to leave" I say as i place keys in my purse and hop out of the car. James quickly follows and grabs my hand as we head to the airport terminals. 

"Hey! You guys made it" Paisley says while running to us. We exchange hugs and walk back to where dad is in his wheel chair and mom is standing near by. I instantly walk to my dad and embrace him in a hug, "hey, how are you?" "Im doing good" he gives me a reassuring smile. "Sorry I didnt make it back to visit in Portland" I say softly. "Don't worry about it. I know you had a lot going on and I had a feeling they were going to release me soon" he explains and squeezes my hand. I feel someone tug on the back of my shirt. I turn to see James hesitating around the new people. Paisley gives him a smile and then tells me to introduce him. "Dad, mom, this is James McKenneth. My son." 

Dad rolls his chair closer to us, "Hey bud! Im your mother's dad. Your grandpa" he says with a large smile. My dad reaches his hand out for shake but instead James hugs him. My dad was defiantly surprised but in a good way. His eyes looked ready to let tears fall. Once they separated my dad introduce him to my mom. She was hesitant but after she received a huge she let go more.

The mushy moment was interrupted when Paisley's flight was announced. "Time to go!" Paisley yells in excitement. We all give her hugs and tell her to keep in touch during her trip. Once she was out of sight, things went into silence. James ends up breaking the silence, "Hey grandpa did you know im the competitives team for soccer?" If it was possible, my dads smile grew. "I didnt know you were on the competivites, but I did know you love soccer!" "If you guys ever come to Italy then you can see me play" he says in excitement. "Well we will see after I recover okay, bud?" James nods. My mom finally breaks her silence, "Your going back?" 

"Yes, mom. We are going back. That is were our lives our. We can visit again or you guys can visit us. Paisley already planned to stay a little bit when she is done traveling with her friends. Also umm...." I was trying to decide if I should tell them about Kalen. Dad looks at me and I can tell he knows I'm keeping something from him with the raise of his eyebrow. 

"Kalen is moving to Italy. He is going to get a job there to be closer to us" I say fast. Dad nods his head, "Im glad he will be there to get a relationship with James and you. Has he already found a place to stay and job?" I make eye contact with him knowing my cheeks are already turning color, "He is still looking for a job but he will be staying with us."

"Good for you guys. Im glad, you guys were always inseparable-" My interrupts, "Good? You bringing a guy you haven't seen for years into your home? What about your son? Are you sleeping with him again? Jesus Victoria! I thought better of you" she rambles on with anger clear in her voice. "Enough! You have no right to have any say in my life! After what you lied about my best friend getting murdered! He is James father and what ever we decide is our decision! I dont even want to hear your opinions!" I feel James lean into my side, "Stop. Here is not the place. Honey," he turns to my mom. "Let it go. Its Tor's choice. Im happy for her. Be happy for her." It wasn't a suggestion it was more of a statement. "Since we are leaving in a couple days why dont we have a lunch together?" I suggest towards my dad hoping to avoid my mother. "Sounds great. Let me know and we will be there." With a quick goodbye we depart and head back to our cars.

Once we got back in our suite we sit in the living room and turn on the tv. After about ten minutes of silence besides the TV, its broken at James spoke. "Are you and dad together?" I turn my body to face him, "Its complicated. Your dad and I want to give our relationship a try. Are you okay with that?" He doesn't immediately respond, but when he does he just shrugs his shoulder. "James?" I try to encourage for him to tell me what is on his mind. "Are you happy? Is he part of your happiness?" Im shocked at his questions, but recover quickly. "Yeah, he is" i say softly. "Then im okay with it. Im going to go play video games in my room" he says as he stands up. He kisses my cheek and heads to his room. 

James growing up one of the frequent questions I asked him was 'are you happy' or 'is this what makes you happy'. So it shouldn't be to shocking that he asked me those same question but then I remember he is an 8 year old boy. Moments like these make me feel like such a blessed mom. He is so understanding, well majority of the time. I wonder into the kitchen and pour my self a glass of water. "I really hope this is what is best for us" I mumble. 

_________________________________

I will try and update more frequently!

Please let me know what you guys think!

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!