Chapter 23

Victoria's POV

This week has been hectic. I was busy working on the projects plus spending time getting paperwork done for the gallery. I did make sure I went to see James daily before I came home to find Kalen either still working at the hospital or passed out on the couch from exhaustion. Thankfully with being so busy the week flew by. Last night I finished my painting for the auction that would be happening at the children's hospital fundraiser. Van Carlson's assistant came and picked it up early this morning. 

Now after spending the last three hours going through paperwork, I'm finally finished and now need to start getting ready for tonight's event.  I curl my hair into loose waves and then spend the next ten minutes putting on simple makeup. I then pull my gown out of my closet and slip it on. Its defiantly a snug fit. After deeming I look acceptable I slip on matching heels and head downstairs. 

"Kalen? Are you ready?" I call out to no direction in particular. "Yes" I jump in surprise hearing him from right behind me. I turn around and admire him in his well fitted suit. "You look stunning" he says then places a gentle kiss on the corner of my lips. "You don't look to bad yourself" I say as my eyes make it back to his face. "We should get going" I say softly. He nods and takes my hand. We make our way to the door and enter the car that was waiting for us. 

Once we arrive at the event, the driver opens the door, but before I could get out Kalen grabs my hand and pulls me back for a passionate kiss. When we separate for air, we both are grinning like crazy. Once we exit the car, we walk hand in hand to the entrance. Cameras are flashing but we pay no attention. When we get inside, Im greeted by familiar faces as we make our way through the room. "Is that him" I hear Kalen whisper in my ear. I look a him raising my eyebrow, "Who?" He tips his head to the side and my eyes follow that direction. There standing at the bar was none other then Miguel who was glaring at us. I look back to Kalen, "yup that is him." Kalen simply nods and we continue our way talking to people through out the room. Soon the auction begins. My painting that I donated made the hospital 300,500. Its great to know that I helped contribute to the children's hospital. "That is amazing. Congrats Tori" Kalen kisses my cheek. I blush at his compliment, "thanks." 

Throughout the night Miguel's eyes always seemed to be us, but we ignored the subject and continued to enjoy our night. After the auction dinner was served. It went smooth and I honestly was having a great time with Kalen. It was eleven o'clock we decided it was time to head home. One my way out Viv walked in and immediately embraced me in a hug. "Your defiantly late" I chuckle. "Oh, I was here, but went outside for a phone call. I thought you didnt make it because I couldnt find me" she pouts. "Sorry, we normally come together but this time a had a date" I try to cheer her up. As soon as she hears the word date, Viv's eyes finally looked to Kalen. They swept over every part of him. "I approve" she says with a wink. I chuckle, "Like I needed your approval. Its late we are going to get going." Viv smirks, "Leaving early just to get hot and kinky!" I feel my cheeks heat up and hear Kalen chucking next to me.

_______________________________________

Sorry its short. Plan to update again soon