Chapter 17

"James are you ready" I ask as I walk out to the living room and grab my purse. "Yeah" he says as he finishes tying his shoes. "Lets go. Don't want to keep them waiting" I tell them as we head out of the suite. As we ride down the elevator to the restaurant I tell James, "When we get back tonight make sure all your stuff is packed. We are leaving back home tomorrow afternoon and I don't want to be rushing tomorrow. Your father wants to see us off." He nods, "Okay. When we arrive back in Italy are we staying with Nico and Maria?" I sigh, "Im not sure yet, If we do only for a couple days. I have to get back to work bud." He nods again but doesnt say anything else.

We make it the restaurant and instantly meet up with my parents. We get a booth and order or drinks and dinner. "Are you excited to get back home James" my dad asks. "Yeah. Can't wait to start playing soccer again" he says with excitement. "Why cant you play here" my mother questions. I roll my eyes had her question. "I didn't bring my prosthetic for soccer" James says. "Hmm" was my mothers only response. "Well how about you ask your mom to record you next time you play and have her send us a copy" he says trying to take it off my mothers sour mood. "Will you mom" he asks. "Sure bud" I tell him. Our food was served and we talked about James's school, soccer, and my work. Mother didnt say much just nodded her head majority of the time. 

"Goodbye dad! I promise to keep in better touch" I tell him as I embrace him in a hug. "Better" he chuckles as he hugs me back. My mom give me a small hug but thats it. James hugs them both then we head to the elevator. Once in the suite i ask him, "Do you need any help packing?" He shakes his head no, "But could you help me fix my prosthetic?" I nod, "Sure what going on?" He leans against the couch and unstraps it from his leg and hands it to me. "it feels to small? and this part is rubbing my leg raw" he says pointing to a red mark on his lower thigh. "I nod, "Oh James. Why didn't you tell me sooner? We probably need to take you in to see if we need a new one. You are a growing boy" I joke. He chuckles at me trying to make a joke. "Its not to bad but the red mark is getting worse so i told you." "Are you willing to not wear it til we get home?" He hesitates then nods. He always hated going with out it because of all the staring and pitying looks he received. "I know you don't like to go without it, but as soon as we get home i will schedule you an appointment ok?" He nods, "Ill go pack." I nod and watch as he hobbles to his room. 

Once i hear his door close i walk into the kitchen for a glass of water. I pull out my phone and call Kalen.

"Hello? Tori?"

"Hey Kalen"

"Whats up"

"I have a favor to ask."

"Sure. Whats going on?"

"So i have to schedule an appointment for James to get a new prosthetic. Its not fitting right anymore. His leg looks a little swollen on the lower thigh. Its happened before when he was younger but didnt look as swollen. Do you know anything about this? Do you known of anything that would take the swelling down? He isnt going to wear it anymore till we talk to his doctor about getting it fixed or a new one."

"Oh. Can you take a picture and send it to me?"

"Yeah maybe when he falls asleep. Let me see if he is even awake now" I head to his room and gently knock on the door. No response. I slowly open the door and find him passed out of the bed. "I can get a picture now. One second. " I quickly got a photo and sent it to him.

"Okay its sent."

"Okay i just received it. one sec."

"I can prescribe an ointment. Ill pick it up and bring it over" 

"Okay thanks!"

"See you soon!"

"Okay. Bye"

I finished my glass of water and then headed to my bedroom to start packing. I took the clothes out of the dresser and closet placing them on the bed in piles. I set a set of underwear, bra, jeans, and t shirt, with a comfy sweater for tomorrow. Placing the rest in the suitcase and then grabbing my bathroom items and stowing them away.

Once finished I place the suit case on the floor at the end of my bed and my clothes for tomorrow on the top of the dresser. 

My phone goes off. 

"Hello?"

"Hey I'm here"

"That fast?"

"Its been almost an hour"

I check the time "Oh sorry time flew"

"No problem. You want to come and let me in?"

"Oh yeah" I chuckle and head to the door. Once i open it and see him there, I hang up.

________________________________________________________________________________

What are your thoughts?

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE!