Chapter 21

Victoria's POV

The car ride to the vineyard was silent besides the video noise have James's hand held video games. Once we arrived, James bolted out of the car and towards the main house. I get out of the car and wait until Kalen does also. Once he stands beside me, we walk to the front door. 

"Oh James! I missed you" I hear Maria yell. I chuckle and into the house since James left the door open. We make it the living room where James is being covered in kisses. "Ahh my baby" Maria walks over to me and embraces me into a hug, then kisses both of my cheeks. I hug her back then pull Kalen foward, "Maria, this is Kalen." 

Kalen puts his hand out to shake hers, but instand Maria embraces him in a hug, "Aye! Yes. Yes. The Kalen" she says, emphasizing 'the'. I chuckle at her and then glance to Kalen. His cheeks are tinted pink. His eyes to meet mine and he smiles, before looking back to Maria. "Its nice to meet you. Thank you for all you have done for Tori and James" he states. She shakes her head, "Ah no need to thank. This is my family." 

"James please get your stuff from the car and take it to your bedroom" I tell James. "Now" he asks slouching further into the couch. "Yes, now" I gesture for him to go. With a roll of his eyes he gets up and walks by me. I smack his bottom as he passes, "Mom!" I just laugh, "That is for rolling your eyes at me." He doesnt answer but walks back out to the car.

"Where is Nico" I ask Maria. "He is in the vineyard. I will send Marc to fetch him" she says then walks out the back door. "Marc is her son" Kalen asks. "No. He works here on the vineyard. He has worked here since before I came to Italy" I explain. "Let's go I want to say hi" I continue. I grab his hand and drag him to go after Maria. "How old is he" Kalen asks. I look a him and see his serious face. He is clenching his jaw. "Really?" He simply nods. "He is a year older then us" I tell him and then continue to drag him. Once outside I instantly see Maria and Marc standing on the path leading to the vineyard. 

Marc has dark brown hair, blue eyes, and a body that a women would kill for, but sadly he bats for the other team. "Marc!" I let go of Kalen's hand and run to him. Marc immediatly looks up and grins. He opens his arms and I jump into them. "Long time no see" he chuckles. "Yeah haven't seen you for at least a month" I chuckle. I hear crunching of gravel behind me and see Kalen approaching us. He looks furious. Oh shit! He must be jealous! I smirk at him and shake my head softly at the thought.

"Marc this is Kalen. Kalen this is Marc" I introduce them. "The Kalen" Marc asked. Maria and I nod. "Nice to meet you" he holds his hand out to Kalen. Kalen hesitates then takes it and shakes his hand.
"Likewise" Marc says looking Kalen over. I noticed Kalen jaw tighten. He must think Marc is competition or something. Maria speaks up, "After you finish your hello's to them please get Nico for me." Marc nods, "Of course." With that Maria begins to walks away, "Ill check on James, but I also need to get working on dinner."

"Care to join me to fetch Nico" Marc asks me. "Sure. Kalen want to come" I ask. He simply nods. Marc hooks my arm with his, "off we go then." I can only imagine Kalen's face, but of course I can't see because he is walking behind me. 

"So have you talked to Miguel? I'm sure he isn't going to be very happy" Marc rambles. "Well if he would move on, he wouldnt be so butt hurt for Kalen being here. Ive told him no so many times, ive lost count. We are friends and it will never change" I sigh. I glance back at Kalen and notice his eyes are focused on our arms touching. His face says it all, he is pissed and this conversation is probably only making it worse. 

"I know he has been trying to ask you to the fundraiser even this weekend" Marc continues. "Well sucks for him, I already have a hot date" I say emphasizing hot. "Well i sure do agree about him being hot" Marc shoots back. We both laugh. "So when did you and your brother get so close. I thought he was still having issues adjusting to you being into men" I ask. I gave away the gay part so Kalen would settle down. It was unfair for me to continue this charade without him knowing. I take another chance and glance back at Kalen. Our eyes meet and he gives me a small smile. I smile back. That must have releaved a lot of anger for him to know he is gay.

"Well he is getting better. Though I may have mentioned if he is nicer to me, it may give him points with me" he says. Omg! "Seriously" I laugh and pull my arm from his. "You know I don't like Miguel like that. Stop trying to encourage him!" He laughs at my reaction, "Well with this stud" he points to Kalen. "I am sure he can't win" he finishes. 

"Are you both going to continue to talk like I am not here" Kalen says with a sigh. "Of course not. I did just gesture to you, so of course you were included. If you want to be part of the actual conversation speak up" Marc says with sarcasm. Kalen's eyes widen and then he recovers from Marc's blunt words. "Marc behave" I swat at his arm playfully. I grab Kalen's arm and have him walk next to me instead of behind. "So who is Miguel" Kalen asks with a hint of malicious in his voice. "Aww my stupid ass of a brother that has been hitting on miss 'thing' here for a while. Don't worry about him she has never gave into him even drunk" Marc rambles off. I glare at him mentioning me drunk but he just simply rolls his eyes in response.

Looking up to Kalen I see him staring at me. I give him a sheepish smile. I look away feeling how awkward this conversation has been. "Nico" I yell as I notice him about to walk in a row of grapes vines. Nico stops, puts his hand across his forehead to his from the sun. When he realizes who it is he starts walking towards us. 

"I missed you" Nico says embracing me in a fatherly hug. "Nico this is Kalen. Kalen this is Nico" I introduce the two. "Nice to meet you" Nico says. "Same" Kalen comments. "Nico Maria wanted you back at the house" Marc says. "Ahh okay. Finish the walk about, will you" Nico says to Marc. Mac nods, "Of course. I'll see you for dinner." He gives me hug then walks away to the rows of grape vines. 

"I should go see my Maria" Nico says. "We should catch up at dinner, yes" he says. I nod, "Of course. I'll show Kalen around then meet you guys at the house" I tell him.

Once we are left to ourselves, I grab Kalen's hand and we continue on the path. "So tell me more about what has happened since you've been here. I feel like there is so much I don't know about you anymore" Kalen says. I nod, "It's been years, so of course things have changed. For the both of us it has. How about we play twenty one questions" I ask. "Deal" he smiles and kisses my forehead. We both continue to walk and I say, "You first." 

----------------------------------------

We have reached 100 views! Please continue reading the story and votes, shares! Thanks!