I'm yours

Chapter 12

It was almost the end of the 2 months, but she got an unexpected phone call from Samantha, who was in Miami  stating that her mom was in the hospital as Libby panicked and immediately wanted to get to her friend as quickly as possible.

"I'm sorry, Mich." She was about to apologize.

"I understand, my darling, your friend needs you, and I don't mind going home early to see my daughter, although I can come with you if you want," he smiled.

"No no, I can handle it on my own. Go be with your daughter. You've been away from her far too long. " She hugged him with a slight tear.

Don't cry, Libby, because I promise you that when this is all over, we'll be together again, and I'll love you like no other.

She kissed him, hearing his sweet words, knowing that he loved her as they started to pack up to check out. In the next 2 hours, they arrived at the airport.

So, this is it? Michael asked.

Well, she kissed him... "I guess so, but I will send you a cheque on the way back home." She smiled at him.

"No, Libz, you don't need to do that because being with you was enough for a payment." He kissed her cheeks, but she folded her arms around him and kissed him where he allowed her to. She broke it off, taking her bags when she heard her flight number.

"See you again Although she didn't want to say goodbye, she had to.

In the next 10 hours, Libby arrived in Miami, and Sami was already at the airport waiting for her.

"OMG Libz! Sami tackled her like some crazy teenage girl. I missed you. She hugged her tightly.

"Sami, I can't breathe as she reached out for air, and I miss you too, but seriously, what happened to your mom?" Is she all right? How did this happen? What hospital is she at?

"Wow, slow down Libz, and breathe. Calm down; everything is okay. Mom had a false alarm. She just had a slight fever. She took it to a whole other level, getting me to leave New York in tears btw.

Libby laughed so hard, knowing that her mom was someone to do that as she remembered last Christmas. Her mom faked a heart attack just to get her daughter to come spend the holidays with her because Sami was a workaholic and her mom thought she needed a break. On the other hand, it did work, and Sami enjoyed the break.

They arrived at her mom's home, where she got a huge hug. "Oh my Libby, aren't you all grown up and such a beauty like your mother?" May she rest in peace as she hugged Libby, remembering it had been over 12 years since her mother passed away . She kissed Libby's cheeks.

She slightly smiled when she heard those words, because she missed her mother every day

"Well, settle in, darling, while I prepare something for you both to eat." She went into the kitchen and, for the last time, called me Ashley.