Chapter 17

For the past four or five days, all of the boys have lived at the hospital. Liam never left, between going to appointments with Danielle and staying here with me. Harry was here almost as often as he was, except we were able to kick him out easily. The same goes for the others boys and Eleanor. Either way, I always had someone with me at any point during the day. The fan mail had been going crazy since I was put into the hospital, the majority of the mail for me wishing that I get better soon. 

Even though news had leaked out, some people were thinking it was just a rumor about me being here, so the boys minus Liam were going to go on air this morning and tell everyone the news, officially. Simon was pissed that Liam wasn’t going, but got over it once he learned that I would have been by myself if he had gone. Danielle was with us, due to the fact that she brought us food, and was gonna stay through the announcement. 

“It should only be a few minutes now.” Liam said. I nodded as Danielle asked him something about the baby, my eyes fixed on the screen in front of me. Liam had been hesitant to announce the news to everyone, but granted half of the population knew already, we went through with it.

“Katie, i’m here to give you your new IV.” my nurse said to me. I nodded to her, still paying attention to the screen. I wondered if the boys still looked like they had gotten no sleep. They always come to me with big bags under their eyes and looking exhausted. I think its because they don’t sleep. 

“Look, its on.” Liam said. I turned to the screen to see that the boys surprisingly didn’t have massive bags under their eyes, but that could just be makeup that was applied to fix that problem. 

“Hello London! We are here with 4/5 of One Direction this morning, Harry, Louis, Niall and Zayn what’s going on boys? Where’s Liam this fine morning?” the interviewer asked. 

“Liam wasn’t able to make it here with us this morning unfortunately, we were given permission to tell you why though.” Niall started. 

“Does this mean that the rumors are true?” the interviewer asked one of the boys.

“Which rumor?” Louis asked. 

“The rumor about Katie being back in the hospital.” he said. 

“Yeah, its true. Katie’s in relapse for acute lymphocytic leukemia.” Zayn said to him. Harry sat completely still while the other boys were nodding along with Zayn. Harry had taken the worst of the news, he always seemed to be depressed around me. 

“Now Harry, what’s got to be going through your mind seeing as she’s your girlfriend?” the interviewer asked him. Harry looked up finally to reply to the interviewer.

“Awful things. Its awful to think of what might happen to her because I don’t think I could be the same without her with me.” Harry said. 

“Its hard for all of us, and Harry’s taken it really hard. But Liam’s definitely taking it the hardest, the only thing we can do is be there for the both of them.” Louis replied.

“Liam’s got enough on his plate as it is, right?” the interviewer asked. 

“Oh yes, with a baby and now Katie in the hospital, he’s got a lot so now we have to be there for them and help out as much as possible. Someone is always with her, but Liam never leaves the hospital room anyways we so try as much as we can to help him.” Niall explained to them on the air. 

“What would you say to them if they are watching?” he asked. 

“I would say that I love them both, and they both need to be strong. Liam be strong for Katie, and Katie be strong for Liam and don’t give up.” Louis said to the camera. The other boys on the side of him nodded as well. 

“Thank you boys. That’s all the time we have for today for One Direction, stay tuned later on for Cher Lloyd coming up.” the interviewer said. I looked bak at Liam, who was snuggled around Danielle watching just as intently as I was. I leaned back in my bed and would wait for the boys to come here from the interview, acting like I was asleep.

“Liam, i think Katie and Harry need an alone session.” Danielle said to Liam.

“What do you mean?” he asked her.

“They haven’t had much tine together in the past couple of days. I think its time for it to be just them for a little while.” she said. 

“I don’t know Danielle, I don’t want to leave her here by herself really...”

“Do you really think Harry’s going to let anything bad happen to her?” Danielle said to him. It was silent for a few moments in the room, the only sounds being my heart monitor and my breathing. “We can go home for a little bit, Harry will stay with her.” I think I heard Liam mutter an answer back, but by then the boys were on their way down the hall way. One of them went out to the hallway to tell them to shut up before they came in here. 

“You guys can say hi for a bit, but Harry can stay with her while we go home.” Danielle said. 

“You mean Liam’s letting her have some freedom?” Niall asked. I heard a slap on the arm, probably Liam slapping Niall. “Its true, you’ve barely let her breathe these past couple of days. She wanted to take a walk down the hallway and you didn’t let her.” 

“I’m worried about her, okay?! I remember the first time she had it, how badly her parents were freaking out about it! I can’t just let their daughter die under my supervision!” Liam said. 

“Stop thinking like that!” Harry snapped. This caused the entire room to go silent, minus the heart monitor and the breathing of everyone in the room. I heard people start to leave, so I took to acting like I was waking up. I turned over in my bed for a minute and opened my eyes to see Harry being the only one in the room. 

“Hey. Did everyone leave?” I asked him. He nodded as he got up to sit by my side and try his best to cuddle me while I was still in my hospital bed. “What’s wrong?” I asked him as I laid my head on his chest.

“I’m just always thinking about you.” he said to me. 

“Its okay Harry. I’ve done it once, I can do it again.” I hoped.

****

i've had such crappy updates! i'm sorry, ugh! i cant think of anything else at the moment, so i'm open to suggestions. also, please go read my other story Island of Dragons if you will :) its a Harry Potter story, and it has barely any reads compared to this and its up for the Wattys as well! it would mean a lot to me if you checked it out! so yeah, summary:

1) ideas ideas ideas please

2) read Island of Dragons (Harry Potter story, but Draco Malfoy/OC romance)