Chapter 22

I woke up in the morning with a jump. I smiled as I looked to my side and saw Harry still laying there, thankfully fully clothed (minus the shirt) and awake. It took a lot of convincing to let him stay the night tonight. For three weeks straight he begged, sometimes on his knees, to Liam to let him stay over night just this once. Before I could get up to check the time and date on my phone, Harry leaned over and hugged me tightly. 

“Harry!” I groaned. He laughed from behind me.

“Happy birthday beautiful.” he said to me, kissing my forehead softly and smiling.

“Thanks.” I said, smiling back at him. He didn’t reply back to me, he kissed me instead. It was short-lived, because we heard people coming up the stairs so he jumped away. I laughed at him for this and he tackled me. “No, don’t hurt me! I didn’t mean it! Get off me fatty!” I complained. 

“I’d never hurt the birthday girl! I’m only teasing, and i am not fat!” he said to me, starting to tickle my sides. 

“What are you doing?” Danielle asked from the doorway.

“She called me fat!” Harry said like a child. 

“You sat on me!” I said back to him. 

“Oh come on you two.... Harry get off of her!” Eleanor said, coming from behind Danielle. When Harry saw Eleanor he jumped off of me and did what he was told. He’s leaned to listen to Eleanor. He hasn’t figured out that she’s where i get all of my material from. 

“Yes Eleanor.” He said quickly. Eleanor went over and sat next to him. “I did not do anything bad last night, I promise.” he said to her. 

“He’s telling the truth.” she said, satisfied. “Get up!” she said. Harry moved out of the way as she jumped onto me on one side, and Danielle on the other. 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!” they screamed. I just laughed really hard at them. 

“Come on, we have breakfast downstairs for you.” Danielle said, leading me up. Harry had taken to going down stairs before us and was no longer in the room with us, as I discovered while I was on the way out. He was probably getting fed the riot act by Liam. 

“Dad made pancakes for you with chocolate chips.” Danielle said as we went downstairs. Everyone had taken upon calling Liam ‘Dad’ in front of me. Except I wasn’t ready to call him that yet, mentally. 

“Oh my god.” I said, running down the rest of the stairs and into the kitchen, hearing Danielle and Eleanor’s loud laughs from behind me. 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” I heard come screaming from all different directions around me. I jumped back into somebody, only for my skin to be touching more skin, so I guessed it was Harry I jumped into. 

“You scared the crap out of me!” I said to them. Liam cleared his throat from the corner. “But thank you.” I said to them kindly with a smile. Niall rolled his eyes from his spot and I sat down next to him.