Chapter 5

The sound of my bedroom door opening woke me up the next morning. I rolled over to try and see who the person was that entered my room. When I opened my eyes I saw Liam standing there, but Danielle in the far back shadow of him. She spent the night. Okay. 

“Hey, your awake, good. Its 9:30. Figure you would have enough time to eat and get ready before 12.” Liam said, sitting on the edge of my bed. I groaned softly.

“30 more minutes.” i mumbled. I heard him laugh at me as he shook me awake again.

“Nice try, up.” he said. “If you don’t get up, i’ll get Louis.” he repeated. I slowly got up from under the blankets, my hair a mess from not tying it up last night. “I knew that would get you up. Come on, i’ve got breakfast made downstairs.” he said to me, leaving the room. I crawled out of bed to see Niall exiting his room next to me. He looked over at me, tired.

“I heard the word food.” he said. I rolled my eyes as I followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen, taking a spot on the island counter. “Hey Liam, how’s it going?” Niall asked. He wanted food.

“Make your own food.” Liam said, giving me a plate with an egg and cheese omelet on it. 

“Whatever. Katie, want tea? See Payne, i’m being NICE.” Niall said. I rolled my eyes as I ate the food that was in front of me. There was chatter among Liam and Danielle, as Niall and I made faces at each other to entertain ourselves. 

“So Katie, where are - What are you two doing?” Liam asked, laughing. 

“What does it look like, we’re having a face off.” Niall replied for me. “I’m winning.”

“He’s lying, I am.” I said to Liam as I took another bite of my food. 

“Anyways.... where are you and Harry going today?” Liam asked me. Actually, I had no idea. He didn’t say where specifically in London, he just said around. 

“Uh, i have no clue.” I said to him. “He just said around London. Don’t know where around specifically is, but...” I said, trailing off when I felt someone staring at me, in a bad way. I finished my food in silence and to myself, and drank my tea when Niall delivered it to me. Once I was finished I went back in my room. I was going through stuff to wear when Niall came in.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked me. I nodded. “Don’t lie to me.”

“Danielle hates me.” I said to him. 

“I’m sure she doesn’t hate you...”

“Face it Niall, she hates me. She hasn’t said one word to me since Liam took me in. She’s given me nothing but dirty looks these past three days, even when i was working in her favor yesterday. Her and Liam fought yesterday because of me. She hates me.” I said to Niall. He rolled his eyes as he sat down next to me. 

“Listen, she wasn’t to fond of me either when we first met. But she got over it once she realized we were sticking around. She’s only afraid of loosing Liam, and once you and Harry get on the same level, she’ll be fine.” he said to me, getting up and leaving me. What the hell did he mean by the same level?