Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up to a strange silence in the house. There was no snoring, no yelling... I didn’t even smell breakfast being made. Was I alone? No, I couldn’t be alone. Liam wouldn’t make me stay home by myself, or let me for that matter. Someone had to be here. But who? I threw on Harry’s Jack Wills hoddie that I stole from him a week ago, and put on a pair of running shorts to go with it. Screw shoes and socks right now, I want to know whats going on. I picked up my phone from my nightstand and walked down the stairs. As I got closer to the bottom, I heard voices talking. I slowed down, just incase it was Danielle and Liam, so i wouldn’t be intruding. 

“Katie? Is that you?” Louis called. I walked down the rest of the way, stopping at the bottom. All of the boys were seated on the couch, with none other then Simon Cowell sitting on the single chair. 

“Uh, yeah. Sorry, I kinda got worried when I didn’t hear yelling... or snoring... or food being made for that matter. It was to quiet.” I said. Niall and Harry laughed at me. 

“Liam saved some bacon for you, just warm it up in the microwave.” Zayn said. I nodded and quickly made my way into the kitchen. Eleanor and Danielle were also in there, whispering quietly. 

“Hey Katie.” Eleanor said to me. 

“Hey El, why’s Simon here?” I asked her.

“No clue. But here’s your plate. Danielle, can you get an extra cup for her? We were just making tea and trying to figure out why he would be here.” Eleanor said to us. 

“Maybe they did something idiotic.” I mumbled. 

“That’s one of the possibilities we concluded.” Eleanor said to me as she slipped into the seat next to the one I had just taken. Does it really take bacon that bloody long to heat up?! Someone walked into the kitchen, groaning. 

“What happened?” Danielle asked whoever it was. 

“Simon’s just being Simon. Same old, same old.” Liam said to her. He turned his direction to the microwave. “Katie, honey, you don’t need to put them in there that long.” He said to me. 

“Oh... whoops.” I said to him as he put the plate in front of me. 

“How do you like your tea?” Danielle asked me. Truthfully, I didn’t know. Niall usually just does it for me, for some odd reason.

“Actually, I don’t know. Niall started doing it for me, for some reason.” I said to her. “Liam, do you know what he puts in it?” I turned to Liam

“Yeah, like four spoons of sugar. But only put three in, its better for her.” Liam said. That’s why i’m always so active and hyper after i drink my tea, Niall loads it up. But its so, so good and sweet. Danielle put in my three sugars and handed me over my tea.

“Thank you.” I said to her. I never said thank you to Niall, except for the first week I would. After that he told me to stop thanking him every day. Then I insisted to do it myself, and he told me, his exact words; “Shut up.” 

“Your welcome.” she said to me. I sipped my tea slowly. It tasted a little weird, but thats because it didn’t have as much sugar as it usually does. After a couple of more minutes, all of the boys entered once more. They had looks on their faces like they were exhausted and happy that it was over. Simon followed behind them. 

“Hello Simon, would you like some tea?” Eleanor asked him. 

“Thank you Eleanor, that would be lovely. Liam, is this the Katie that i’ve been hearing about, from you and Harry?” Simon said, taking a seat next to me. I nodded.

“Pleasure to meet you.” I said to him.

“Hey.... thats MY Jack Wills!” Harry said, noticing now that I was wearing his hoddie. I rolled my eyes at him and took a slice of bacon, but when I went for it, there wasn’t any left. 

“Alright, which one of you pigs took my bacon? Niall? Zayn? Lou?” I looked at them. Niall surrendered his and put them back on the plate. Zayn gave his up after a sharp look from Liam. Louis was giving me a funny look. “Thats my breakfast Lou.” I said to him, whining. If i did it good enough, Harry would be on my side in two seconds.

“Dude, give Katie back her food.” Harry said to him. Louis ran out of the kitchen, Harry racing after him.

“I JUST WANTED ONE PIECE!” Louis yelled in the living room. 

“You’ve got him whipped Katie.” Simon said to me. I nodded as Harry came back, with half of the piece.

“The half was my payment.” Harry said. I laughed at him as he sat down across from me. Simon stayed for a couple more minutes and then left. Niall and Zayn went out together after he left, and Louis and Eleanor left soon after. Danielle was trying to convince Liam to go out as well.

“I don’t know, I don’t wanna leave her here alone.” Liam said.

“Harry will be here.” I said to him.

“Actually, I was going to go out and do something quickly.” Harry said. He gave Liam a look. 

“Liam, i’m 16. I can stay home by myself. I’m a big girl, you know.” I said to him. Liam looked skeptical about the whole idea. “Get lost! Get out!” I said to him.

“Liam, can I talk to you?” Harry said, pulling Liam by his arm and leading him out. Now it was just me and Danielle. I typed away on my phone to make myself look occupied, but I felt her eyes on me. I looked up at her. She looked like she was about to say something, but the boys came back in. 

“Katie, can I ask you something?” Harry asked me. Liam looked like he was scared out of his mind.

“Sure..” I said back to him. 

“Do you wanna go to dinner with me tonight in the city?” he asked me. I smiled up at him. Of course I would!

“Yeah, that would be nice.” I said to him. He smiled like a kid on Christmas. 

“Excellent. So, i’ll be out for the most of the day, i’ll be back at like 6 to get you, alright?” he said to me. I nodded as he left the flat, leaving just me, Danielle, and Liam. Danielle and Liam had left the room, leaving it to be just me. I walked back upstairs and into my room, surprised to see what was in front of me.